[Eecs-news-links] Guided tour of the Evergreen Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon

Sumida, Gale Masako gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jan 10 13:39:25 PST 2017

From: "MacCarty, Nordica" <Nordica.MacCarty at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Nordica.MacCarty at oregonstate.edu>>
Date: Friday, January 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM
To: "Klinkhammer, Krista" <Krista.Klinkhammer at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Krista.Klinkhammer at oregonstate.edu>>
Subject: News item for COE schools

Hi Krista,

I hope you have had a great break and enjoyed all of the winter weather around here! I can hardly tell I’m home from Minnesota. ☺

I’m just wondering if you happen to have the contact people for the various COE school newsletters. I’d like to publicize this guided tour of the Evergreen Space Museum next Saturday I’ve organized for the Society of Women Engineers. It is open to all affiliations, genders, and ages.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations on how to get the word out.

Thanks so much, and have a nice weekend,
~Nordica

SWE-WVS January 2017 Professional Development Program
A guided tour of the Evergreen Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon
On Saturday, January 14th at 1:00 PM the Willamette Valley chapter of the Society of Women Engineers is hosting a guided tour of the Space Museum at the Evergreen Air and Space Center in McMinnville, Oregon. Enjoy learning about lunar rovers, space capsules, rockets, and global space programs with students, faculty, and professionals in your community. The museum is great for all ages so bring your friends and family and make a day of it! All are welcome. The group rate for adult admission for 15+ participants is $10 for the Space Museum only, and you can pay an additional $8 to gain entrance to the Aviation Museum and see a movie in the theater. Transportation is not provided but carpooling is encouraged. The tour will begin at 1:00 PM In the lobby of the Space Museum, followed by networking and exploration on your own.
When: Saturday, January 14th, 2017 starting at 1PM
Where: McMinnville Air and Space Museum, McMinnville Oregon (Transportation not provided but carpooling is encouraged)
Cost: Admission to the Space museums is $10 if we have a group of 15 or more, and an additional $8 gains entrance to the air museum and a movie as well. Please bring exact cash to contribute to the group fee. Adult admission is regularly $27 for <15 people.
Please RSVP, arrange for carpooling, and direct any questions to Dr. Nordica MacCarty, nordica.maccarty at oregonstate.edu<mailto:nordica.maccarty at oregonstate.edu>

Nordica A. MacCarty, Ph.D. | Assistant Professor | School of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering | Oregon State University
Office: 312 Rogers Hall | Mailing: 204 Rogers Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331 |  541.737.5927 | nordica.maccarty at oregonstate.edu