[Eecs-news-links] MIT Summer Internship Opportunity

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Jan 6 09:49:08 PST 2017

Greetings!

The MIT Materials Processing Center and the Center for Materials Science and Engineering sponsor a summer research internship program for rising junior and senior undergraduates in science and engineering fields. This challenging program brings promising students to MIT to learn and perform research in laboratories in a broad selection of materials science subfields. In addition to providing a stipend and round-trip travel expenses, we host presentations and group discussions on topics relevant to materials scientists, such as graduate school, careers in materials science, creating effective poster presentations, and management of intellectual property. At the conclusion of the program, the students present their individual research results at a poster session. The summer research internship, offered each year since 1983, affords students an invaluable experience in top-notch cutting edge research.

We’d like to ask if you would please post (or forward) the attached flyer where your science and engineering students will see it, or pass it on to an appropriate department for posting. We would be grateful if you would bring it to the attention of your students. Students are selected for this highly competitive program based on an application and recommendation letters. MIT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Thank you!

Maria

Maria Aglietti
Senior Communications Officer
Materials Processing Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue<x-apple-data-detectors://6/0>
Cambridge, MA 02139<x-apple-data-detectors://6/0>
617-253-6472<tel:617-253-6472>
aglietti at mit.edu<mailto:aglietti at mit.edu>
http://mpc-web.mit.edu<http://mpc-web.mit.edu/>