[Eecs-news-links] Process Control Engineer @ MLD (Eugene, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Aug 14 10:57:03 PDT 2017
From: Bradley Aitchison <bradley.john.aitchison at live.com<mailto:bradley.john.aitchison at live.com>>
Subject: MLD Engineering Position Descriptions
Process Control Engineer
The Process Control Engineer is a member of the MLD Engineering Group, reporting to the company's Engineering Manager. Core activities include the automation of computer controlled coating deposition process equipment and related metrology instruments, the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of coating process and performance data, and the support of networking assets needed to continue growing our enterprise. In addition, the Process Control Engineer works closely with the Thin-Film Coating Engineer, and supports Application Engineering, Program Management, and the Production Group with technical guidance on assigned projects.
Minimum BS in engineering or related discipline, preferably in electrical engineering, computer science, chemical engineering or physics.
Minimum of 3 years of industrial process and instrumentation control experience with LabVIEW, good working knowledge of electrical circuits and electronic interfaces, and in-depth understanding of SQL database programming and administration.
* Consistent adherence to safety procedures, clean room protocols, and the 5S methodology of workplace orderliness and cleanliness.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated individual contributor with good time management habits, and the willingness to mentor junior-level teammates.
* Superior computer and networking competency, including MS Exchange, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, LabVIEW, SQL, and at least one common programming language (C, C++, or Visual Basic).
* Good working knowledge of electrical safety, electrical circuits, electronic interfaces, and the development of custom mixed-signal instrumentation.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and document software and hardware development projects.
* Familiarity with mathematical modeling software (MATLAB, Mathematica) and a CAD package (SolidWorks or AutoCAD) is also desirable.
* Must be a U.S. citizen.
* Lead control system (hardware and software) development, deployment, and maintenance in support of MLD's deposition process equipment and related metrology instruments.
* Develop and maintain software documentation, including good version control.
* Work closely with the Engineering Manager and the Production Manager to monitor and optimize the utilization of key computer controlled equipment and instrumentation.
* Routinely monitor the performance and security of computer controlled coating equipment, metrology instruments, and data storage devices. Identify opportunities for improved performance, and drive improvement projects as needed.
* Advise and assist MLD's IT administration and service providers with computer and network expansion and maintenance.
MLD Technologies, LLC
1000 South Bertelsen Road, Suite 14
Eugene, OR 97402
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links