[Eecs-news-links] Electronics Engineer - Naval Sea Systems Command

Sumida, Gale Masako gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Wed Aug 9 09:08:07 PDT 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerstetter, Kevin CIV NAVSEA KPWA [mailto:kevin.kerstetter at navy.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 7:21 AM
To: Sumida, Gale Masako <gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu>
Cc: Crum, Jarred D CIV NAVSEA KPWA <jarred.crum at navy.mil>
Subject: RE: Job Announcement

Good Morning,

Thanks for getting back to me.  The job just posted today.  Here is a link for the electronics engineer position:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476467400
The job announcement doesn't have a lot of information about Keyport, here is the public page: http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Home/Warfare-Centers/NUWC-Keyport/

The job announcement has official POCs of NAVSEA, but if any of your students (or alum) have questions about Keyport, they can contact me at this email address.

I took a look at the last few newsletters.  If you'd like to include a paragraph, perhaps something like this would work:
Keyport provides engineering and technical support for a variety of systems used by, or in development for, the Navy.  Although the specific tasks vary by assigned projects, the duties are typical for an engineer: Perform engineering calculations, analyze data and use engineering techniques to draw conclusions in the performance of engineering-related tasks, conduct tests or quality assurance reviews of electronic and mechanical systems to support production acceptance testing or system validation efforts.

Vr
Kevin