[Eecs-news-links] ECE Job @ Micron
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 20 20:39:07 PDT 2017
From: "Bill Baker (blbaker)" <blbaker at micron.com<mailto:blbaker at micron.com>>
Subject: FW: new college grads
We have a team looking for students that would fit this job description below. It would be a for a Full Time engineering position at our Longmont office.
Could you distribute to appropriate channels?
Micron has a large R&D group in Longmont with focus on NAND Flash and SSD Product Development. Longmont is a key development center within Micron for the development of enterprise and cloud data center SSD’s. Micron is now increasing its investment in Longmont as it grows its enterprise SSD product portfolio. Micron continues to rely on building off of the substantial enterprise storage expertise available in the Longmont area.
Micron is also consolidating into Longmont all its enterprise and cloud data center SSD Customer Validation Test Lab and Support Center activities. The Micron Support Center will host enterprise and data center customer’s validation teams to enable selection and qualification of Micron SSD’s. Micron is committed to being a leader in quality and in supporting our customer’s effort to integrate and qualify our storage products.
Compatibility Validation Engineer - Multiple openings
Responsibilities and Tasks
Perform Test Development/Analysis
• Work with Applications/Marketing to stay up-to-date on OEM system requirements and test software
• Develop and design test plans to evaluate drive functionality in a system environment
• Evaluate existing test plans against OEM specifications, RMAs, and Customer feedback to improve test coverage and efficiency
• Identify and/or develop test tools to enable failure analysis and improve testability
• Stay up-to-date on the latest computer systems and programs
• Understanding of operating systems, power management states and testing methodologies
• Solid coding skills in C/C++, python or similar language.
Perform Product Test and Failure Analysis
• Perform product testing to evaluate and support new product development and customers
• System level and drive level debugging using software programs, oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and other diagnostic tools
• Install, modify and debug issues in a DOS, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS environment
• Drive issues to closure by interfacing/collaborating with other product development teams
Support Internal/External Customers
• Provide technical support (e.g. failure analysis, questions, etc.) to any internal or external customer as part of product development
• Provide technical knowledge and feedback to the SATA, SAS, and PCIe specifications
• Support customer and internal audits
Adhere to Safety procedures
• Follow established policies and procedures
• Recognize and resolve safety or environmental issues, including assistance to develop appropriate procedures and documentation
• Use available resources to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner
Bachelor’s Degree + 0-10 yrs experience in HDD and/or SSD testing
• Engineering - Computer
• Engineering - Electrical
• Related field of study
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links