[Eecs-news-links] Fwd: EECS job posting

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Sep 20 20:56:00 PDT 2016

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sophia Chiang <soph at quicklet.io<mailto:soph at quicklet.io>>
Date: September 19, 2016 at 2:07:44 PM PDT
To: <Tina.Batten at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Tina.Batten at oregonstate.edu>>
Cc: Sophia Chiang <soph at quicklet.io<mailto:soph at quicklet.io>>
Subject: EECS job posting

Tina,

Hi, my name is Sophia Chiang and I am the COO of a startup in SF called Quicklet.

We are hiring part/time programmers for our startup. I have already posted on the OSU career center website and I would like to also post the job req on the OSU EECS LinkedIn network.

Can you please post the following for me? Thanks!

Sophia Chiang

Flexible, Remote, Part-Time Developer Position at Startup

Quicklet is looking for a part-time full-stack engineer who is interested in helping us build a cloud-based invoicing and light ERP functionality that interfaces directly with QuickBooks Desktop. You must be willing to work remotely and independently.

As we are a startup, you will have as much responsibility as you desire - anything from building out server-side Ruby transactional functionality to the front-end Javascript UI. It's an exciting opportunity for those who are technically curious and want to have technical ownership.

This is part-time hourly-position with compensation commensurate with experience and may include equity.  Though it is a part-time position, we will need a weekly commitment of at least 10 hours.

Qualifications:

  *   RoR (at least 6 months)
  *   Javascript (at least 1 year)
  *   Docker
  *   Redis
  *   jQuery
  *   Bootstrap
  *   HTML/CSS

A degree in EECS would be nice but not sufficient. More importantly, we are looking for people who have gotten their programming hands dirty by writing actual code. We are not looking for straight-A book learners, but rather people who have coding battle scars.

You can be a EECS graduate, student or just a nerdy English major who likes to hack - we are major-agnostic.

Non technical requirements:

  *   self-starter (we are a small org, we don't want to babysit)
  *   independent worker (we are not micromanagers)
  *   curious (i.e. willing to dive into stackoverflow to find solutions)
  *   collaborative and communicative (Slack, Git, messaging, emails, 24/x7, if you like being radio silent, pls do not apply)
  *   organized (messy code = messy mind)

How to Apply:
Please send the following to soph at quicklet.io<mailto:soph at quicklet.io>

  *   link to your online cv (formality)
  *   link to your github (we want to see your code)
  *   an example of a CS project you did outside of work/school (demonstrate that something you built actually works)
  *   coverletter (tell us a little about yourself, what makes you tick)