[Eecs-news-links] 4 faculty openings @ University of Houston's ECE Department

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Oct 31 10:23:44 PDT 2016

<snip>
From: Roysam, Badri [mailto:broysam at Central.UH.EDU]
Subject: Requesting your help re: 4 faculty openings at the University of Houston's ECE Department

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to seek your assistance in spreading the word about several faculty openings in my department to your graduating students and postdocs who are ready for a faculty career.

  1.  Assistant Professor (tenure-track, 2 positions): We are seeking exceptional candidates in the following energy related areas:

     *   Power electronics, electric machines, and drive systems
     *   High-frequency power conversion systems
     *   Modeling of power system dynamics
     *   Power systems, renewables integration, and microgrid management
     *   Prognostics and health management of power converters and electric machines
     *   Next-generation wireless power transfer
     *   Power conversion systems for extreme environments (e.g., subsea, down-hole, space, nuclear, etc.)
     *   Apply at https://jobs.uh.edu/postings/32624

  1.  Full/Associate/Assistant Professor (Tenured/tenure-track): We are seeking exceptional candidates in the following health related areas

     *   Bioinformatics, with applications to cancer research or precision medicine
     *   Big data analytics, with applications to healthcare systems, digital healthcare
     *   Neuroengineering and Medical robotics
     *   Implantable/Wearable systems
     *   Apply at http://jobs.uh.edu/postings/32631

  1.  Instructional Assistant Professor (non tenure-track): in the area of computer engineering, especially embedded hardware and software systems, computer architecture, and reconfigurable hardware. Applicants must have an earned doctorate, and the ability to teach hands-on laboratory courses. We are especially interested in candidates with industry experience. Apply at http://jobs.uh.edu/postings/32630
Many Thanks,

Badri Roysam, D.Sc.
Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen University Professor
Chair, Electrical & Computer Engineering
N325, Engineering Building 1
4726 Calhoun Road
University of Houston
Houston, Texas 77204-4005
Email: broysam at central.uh.edu
ECE Department website: www.ece.uh.edu<http://www.ee.uh.edu>

<A9808313-E6D2-4B1B-9ADC-50EA095D0B4D.png>