[Eecs-news-links] FW: Upcoming speaker on women's leadership

Sumida, Gale Masako gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Thu Oct 6 15:34:26 PDT 2016

engineering.oregonstate.edu<http://engineering.oregonstate.edu/>

From: "Hibsman, Jessi - COB" <jessi.hibsman at oregonstate.edu<mailto:jessi.hibsman at oregonstate.edu>>
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM
To: "Tran, Thuy Thu" <thuy.tran at oregonstate.edu<mailto:thuy.tran at oregonstate.edu>>, Krista Klinkhammer <Krista.Klinkhammer at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Krista.Klinkhammer at oregonstate.edu>>
Subject: Upcoming speaker on women's leadership

Hi Thuy and Krista -

Hope you are doing well and enjoying the start of the school year!

We are hosting a speaker on Nov. 3 (info attached) as part of our Susan J. McGregor Memorial Lecture on Women’s Leadership series. I’ve attached a flyer, and here are the details below. Would you be able to put this in any of your student and/or faculty newsletter or other communications?

Event: Diversity & Decision Making: The Importance of Women in the Boardroom
Speaker: Patty Bedient, cfo, forest industry expert, corporate board member and community leader
The event is a Susan J. McGregor Memorial Lecture on Women’s Leadership, hosted by the College of Business
Date: Thursday, Nov. 3. 7p.m.
Location: LaSells Stewart Center, Austin Auditorium

About the speaker: In July 2016, Patty Bedient retired from her position as executive

vice president of Weyerhaeuser Co. Previously, she spent 27 years

with Arthur Andersen LLP and ultimately served as the managing

partner for its Seattle office and partner in charge of the firm’s forest

products practice.

Thanks!
—
Jessi Hibsman
Director of Marketing
College of Business  |  Oregon State University
220 NW 8th Ave. WeWork  | Portland, Ore. 97209
541-737-1059  |  jessi.hibsman at oregonstate.edu<mailto:jessi.hibsman at oregonstate.edu>
business.oregonstate.edu