[Eecs-news-links] FW: Please distribute: DMTF Call for academic presentations

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Fri May 13 17:12:45 PDT 2016

From: Shannon Keith-Marsoun [mailto:shannon at woldconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:46 PM
To: Thompson, Nicole <Nicole.Thompson at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Nicole.Thompson at oregonstate.edu>>
Subject: Please distribute: DMTF Call for academic presentations

Dear student,
The Distributed Management Task Force standards body (dmtf.org<http://dmtf.org>) is hosting its Alliance Partner Technical Symposium (APTS) July 26-29 in downtown Portland at the Marriott City Center.  The APTS is focused on cloud and datacenter manageability, to which we invite other standards organizations.
As part of our continuing efforts to promote the exchange of information on manageability, the DMTF would like to reach out to local universities and colleges to solicit short presentations about on-going or completed research on:

•      Platform and datacenter manageability

•      Manageability of Internet connected devices (e.g. IoT)
The authors of the selected presentations will receive three hundred dollars ($300) for presenting the research at APTS. The presentation will be scheduled after 5:00 PM.
Submission Guidelines:

•      The presentation should be 20-25 minutes.

•      If the presentation references a research paper, please include a link to the paper.

•      The deadline for submittal is May 30, 2016. Please send submission to admin at dmtf.org<mailto:admin at dmtf.org>.
Evaluation:

•      Submitted presentations will be evaluated for technical contribution, originality and significance.

•      The presentations will be selected by the DMTF Alliance Task Force.

•      The selected presentations will be notified on June 15, 2016.
After Symposium (with permission from the author):

•      DMTF may publish the presentations on the DMTF website.

On behalf of the DMTF Alliance Task Force, we hope to see your submission.
Best regards,
John Leung
DMTF VP of Alliances