[Eecs-news-links] FW: Intern Position at HP Inc. in Corvallis, OR

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri May 6 11:32:52 PDT 2016

From: Marquina, Flor [mailto:flor.marquina at hp.com]
<snip>

We have an intern position this summer and we are looking for a Computer Science student.   Could you please post the details that this opportunity gets visibility.  We are looking for someone who can help us set up a database and integrate a new Product Data Management system.

We are hoping to find someone who might be interested in working through the school year on a part time basis.  We are super flexible so we can work around their schedule and availability.

Anyone interested in this position should send their resume to: flor.marquina at hp.com<mailto:flor.marquina at hp.com>

Thank you,

Flor Marquina

Engineering Intern
Job Location: Corvallis, OR

Description
The HP Internship Program is ranked among the top 25 in the world by Glassdoor.   Site Intern Coordinators are available to plan and communicate intern activities as well as serve as a point of contact for managers, mentors, and interns.   Summer activities include an intellectual property workshop, financial advice, community service, and a technical site tour and executive event, as well as numerous social and professional networking opportunities.   The internship culminates in a site wide project fair where interns are given the opportunity to showcase the accomplishments they have made over the summer.

*        Under the guidance of a mentor, using technical knowledge, business acumen, and partnering skills, develop and implement process improvements to the engineering change management process.
*        Create a database to track change requests costs.
*        Partner with engineering and operations personnel to help implement a new Product Data Management (PDM) system.

This intern will be involved in the team and process that manages changes to engineering designs and documents. Core responsibilities include the following:
*        Develop, implement and document database for cost tracking.
*        Transition current change management processes and documents into the new PDM system
*        Document new processes in PDM system and how it integrates with the change management processes.
*        Provide recommendations for optimizing the process.

Qualifications
Education:
*        Currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and actively working toward a degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering discipline
*        Completion of two years of coursework in that degree program

Experience and Knowledge:
*        Proactive, innovative and self-motivating character
*        Willingness to ask questions of experienced employees and to learn from them
*        Some CAD experience
*        Strong and creative problem solving skills
*        Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
*        Competency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
*        Database knowledge a plus
*        Rudimentary understanding of business processes
*        Fluency in English

Job - Administration
Primary Location - United States-Oregon-Corvallis
Schedule - Full-time
Shift - Day Job
Travel - No
Regards,