[Eecs-news-links] FW: Codecademy: Part-time positions for CS Majors

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Tue May 3 08:57:28 PDT 2016

From: Max Pekarsky [mailto:max at codecademy.com<mailto:max at codecademy.com>]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 4:02 PM
To: Robertson, Rachel <Rachel.Robertson at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Rachel.Robertson at oregonstate.edu>>
Cc: jfw at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:jfw at eecs.oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Codecademy: Part-time positions for CS Majors

Ms. Robertson,

My name is Max Pekarsky, and I work on the Operations team at Codecademy<http://codecademy.com/>, the easiest place to learn to code online. We’re currently recruiting high-performing undergraduate CS students experienced in web design for our Advisors program<https://www.codecademy.com/about/jobs/codecademy-advisor>. This is a paid, part-time, remote position that offers a fantastic way for undergraduate students to get involved in teaching Codecademy users, collaborate with like-minded developers, and get experience at a well-known startup early on in their career.

I wanted to reach out directly to see if you think this would be a good fit for Oregon State CS students. Let me know if you'd be open to including the opportunity on a mailing list, or would want to connect further to chat about this - you can reach me at (646) 470-9758<tel:%28646%29%20470-9758>. I am including the full job posting (to forward to your students) below.

Thank you, and I look forward to chatting soon.

------

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Codecademy<http://codecademy.com/>, the easiest place to learn to code online, is looking for enthusiastic CS students with a web development background to provide guidance and support for our online learners. This is a paid, part-time, remote position that offers a fantastic way to get involved in teaching Codecademy users, collaborate with like-minded developers, and work alongside the Codecademy team. Advisors work one-on-one with Codecademy Pro users. A typical Advisor shift involves reviewing code, teaching high-level concepts, introducing new product features, and helping our learners succeed on their journey to learn programming.

This opportunity is geared towards students with experience in web design. We are especially keen on candidates that are skilled in Ruby + Rails, Angular.js or PHP. Our Advisors don't need to be experts, but do need to be passionate about teaching programming, able to explain the fundamentals, and empathetic towards the struggles of beginner learners.

Apply today on the Codecademy website<https://www.codecademy.com/about/jobs/codecademy-advisor>, and be sure to note that you're applying from Oregon State on your application. For any questions about the program, reach out to Max at max at codecademy.com<mailto:max at codecademy.com>.

-----

Max Pekarsky | Operations
Codecademy | New York, NY 10001

Teaching the world how to code<http://codecademy.com/>.