[Eecs-news-links] Junior Application Developer @ Jibe

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon May 2 15:46:26 PDT 2016

Reports To: Technical Director

Position Type:  Full-Time

Classification:  Exempt

Location: Portland

About Jibe

Jibe Consulting is a Management & Technology consulting company which specializes in providing Oracle solutions. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Jibe provides Oracle business solutions to customers from Western Canada to California and West of the Mississippi. At Jibe, it is not just about the technology, but how the technology allows our clients to achieve their operational objectives. Our customers' success is our passion!

Named to the "Top 100 Companies to Work for in Oregon", Jibe takes pride in being recognized as an employer of choice. We focus on providing a collaborative, innovative and team oriented atmosphere which fosters a path to quick career progression. At Jibe, you will have an opportunity to work with a highly reputable and talented team of professionals who enjoy being faced with new challenges and thrive in an ever evolving technology environment.

About Role

Jibe is looking for a recent college graduate with a Computer Science degree to join our Technology Service team as an Application Developer. This is a tremendous opportunity to accelerate a career in consulting and gain valuable industry experience.

Exciting details about this role:

*         Dynamic, hands-on training program designed to quickly absorb highly sought after skills using the latest technologies and releases

*         Best practice Agile methodology

*         International software upgrade that relies on reusable data conversion and integration components

*         Multiple business domains including Manufacturing, Finance, and Supply Chain.

*         Chance to work with a world class development team and be a part of a highly visible technical solution

*         Direct technical consulting role with support and resources provided by Jibe hiring manager and Senior consultants

Minimum Qualifications

*         Computer Science or similar degree is a must.

*         Understanding and aptitude for multiple development languages.  Examples include Java, C++, Perl, PHP, Groovy, XML-based languages

*         Relational database design, ANSI SQL, and related Oracle RDBMS experience is a big plus

*         System performance and optimization skills.

*         Software engineering best practices that cover source control, package reusability, maintainability, system design and integration.

*         Relevant internship and/or Capstone experience.

Environment and Physical Demands

*         Able to transport portable computer: approximately 20 pounds.

*         Work at various client sites which may require travel.

The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job.  It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.

Application Procedure

Qualified applicants should submit their resume and contact information to recruiting at jibeconsulting.com<mailto:recruiting at jibeconsulting.com>. Applications must be submitted no later than May 4th, 2016.

Jibe Consulting is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.  Jibe Consulting conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.