[Eecs-news-links] Apply now: 3D Modeling of Bronze Age Cemetery (Summer REU in Hungary)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:22:05 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:14:07 -0400
Subject: 3D modeling of a Bronze Age cemetery

Please find attached a flier for our (NSF Research Experience for
Undergraduates) archaeological field school. This year instead of excavating
we will have a lab season which includes a position for a student to work
with a mentor on 3D modeling of the Bronze Age cemetery in Hungary we are
studying.

The deadline is coming up quickly (March 18), but students unable to make
this deadline should contact me directly as we have not had many
applications for this positions so far.

Best,
Paul

--
Paul R. Duffy
Department of Anthropology

Academia: http://utoronto.academia.edu/PaulDuffy
Personal website: www.paulrduffy.comProject website: http://bakota.net

Bronze Age Koros Off-Tell Archaeology Project
BAKOTA
NSF-REU Field School

TRAVEL to Hungary; visit regional museums and archaeological sites

JOIN a multicultural research team and receive mentorship from top scholars in the field of anthropology

LEARN field and lab techniques and conduct original research

DEVELOP skills for presenting and publishing original research and pave the way for future career options

Apply @ http://bakota.net

Project dates: July 4-August 14

Eight undergraduate students will be selected and provided with housing, food, travel to/from the project, and $500/week stipend (for 6 weeks) as part of the National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) sites project.

Project Directors:
Paul Duffy, Ph.D., American co-director  -  Julia Giblin, Ph.D., American co-director
Györgyi Parditka, M.A., Hungarian co-director  -  László Paja, Ph.D., Hungarian co-director

Questions?
Email: Julia.giblin at quinnipiac.edu