[Eecs-news-links] FW: Job Opportunities at HP - Software

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:57:08 PDT 2016

If you are interested in this position, please apply online via HP's Job Searcher:

REQ#: 1489606

This job will be posted on the web.

This position will be located in Corvallis, Oregon.

This position will support relocation benefits.

If you have any questions, please contact Michael R. Wilson at (michael.wilson at hp.com)

HP Job Title: R&D Software Engineer - Digital Front End (DFE)

Business Environment & Job Description:

The HP Inkjet Web Press is a new industrial printing solution built on HP Scalable Inkjet Printing Technology. We have revolutionized the digital web press industry by offering full-color, variable data printing at unprecedented speeds and paper widths. We are looking for highly motivated and talented software design engineers to join us in this growing opportunity for HP.

As part of the R&D team, you will be an integral part of the Software Product Life Cycle helping to realize HP's inkjet high speed printing solutions & strategy.

Responsibilities would include:

As a member of the Digital Front End (DFE) development team, this individual will share responsibility for software architecture, design, development test and release of DFE solutions for several Inkjet Web Press products. Responsibilities may also include technology investigation and recommendations, customer problem investigation and resolution and 3rd party software evaluation and integration. Occasional travel and participation to support the production operations or customer problem resolution during off-hours may be required.

We are building a dynamic, fast moving Agile based team! This individual will serve as an integral part of this effort actively participating in the growth and success of this team and our business ongoing.

Tasks Include:

Requires working with a variety of disciplines and new technologies.

Demonstrated development skills with particular focus/interest in agile software development of high-quality, complex software services & solutions.

Demonstrated skills and understanding in large scale software systems with a focus on commercial printing systems is desired.

Ability to work with multiple software disciplines: software, firmware & device solutions.

Innovation is critical to HP Inkjet Web Press Solution programs long term success! This position requires a demonstrated ability to foster & encourage new idea generation as an integral part of the software development lifecycle going forward.

Skills:

People / Leadership Experience - Must Skills:

* Proven track record at making things happen (Initiative & bias for action).

* Solid understanding of software solutions/architecture, development approaches and latest design methodologies.

* Team player with direct experience in test driven development approaches.

* Ability to operate effectively across organizational and team/group boundaries.

* Ability to work independently under time and resource constraints.

Domain Knowledge & Experience - Must Skills:

* Bachelor (undergraduate), Masters (graduate) or Ph.D (post-graduate) in Computer Science.

* Experience (internship(s)) desired but not required.

* Ability to solve technical problems in a fast-paced product development environment.

Highly Desirable Skills:

* Practical experience with Agile (or equivalent) software development lifecycles / programming best practices.

* Experience with Linux and Windows software development, package, test & release.

* Working knowledge of C++, Java, C, and Groovy development, test and release environments & languages.

* Exposure to software/firmware commercial print systems

Soft skills:

* Exceptional written and oral communication - specifications, engineering plans, test plans, other.

* Team player, with a bias towards action.

* Ability to communicate effectively.

* Demonstrated initiative in previous projects (at school or at work).

* Willingness to engage, learn, and generally make things happen.

From: Wilson, Michael R (IHPS Corvallis) [mailto:michael.wilson at hp.com]
Subject: Job Opportunities at HP - Software

Hi Tina, my name is Michael R. Wilson, I am a Software Project Manager at HP (Corvallis), have been at this job for a long time.

I just wanted to reach out, and ask that if you know of any exceptional SW (soon to be graduates) (undergrad or Masters) that want to live and work in Corvallis for a great company like HP... they should contact me!

<snip>

I have personally hired folks form OSU over the years with fantastic results, and happen to be looking for a new college hire at this time.

I manage a 15 person SW team doing Workflow / Software for the front end of HP's Commercial Printing Presses (digital presses).   We

I am attaching the REQ description,

Again, feel free to forward this anyone you think would be a good fit!

Michael R. Wilson
Michael.wilson at hp.com<mailto:Michael.wilson at hp.com>