[Eecs-news-links] Quality Assurance Test Engineer Internship @ Trimble

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Mar 8 14:49:33 PST 2016

Trimble Job Opportunity:  Quality Assurance Test Engineer - Intern

Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.

Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.

JOB SUMMARY

The Quality Assurance Test Engineer will work in Corvallis Oregon with the team that makes the popular survey data collector software, Spectra Precision Survey Pro.  This is a 3-6 month internship position, with a start and end time based on the selected candidate's schedule.

As a quality assurance test engineer, you will test GNSS and optical total station survey instruments working with different field software applications. You will be responsible for executing test plans, validating field survey results, entering observed defects into a database, and monitoring these issues through to resolution. The right candidate may also have the opportunity to write code in C++ and/or C# to contribute to the the software team's development and automated testing activities.

REQUIRED SKILLS

  *   A recent graduate of, or ongoing education towards, a Bachelor's degree in the field of Geodesy, Survey, Geomatics Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, other related discipline or sufficient equivalent technical training.
  *   The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting in front of large groups. The candidate must be able to quickly learn new software and other technology, and have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
  *   The position will require extended periods of standing to monitor and work with the testing equipment. May require working outdoors in all weather conditions. In addition, the position will require lifting equipment up to 50 lb.
  *   Ability to perform a variety of tasks and responsibilities as needed and assigned.

DESIRED SKILLS

  *   Experience with field surveying using GNSS and/or total stations.
  *   Software programming skills in C++ and C#.
  *   Prior software testing or quality assurance experience can be a plus.
CONTACT
We will begin accepting applications for this position in January 2016. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to  Graham_Briggs at trimble.com<mailto:Graham_Briggs at trimble.com> before March 31, 2016.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D

Trimble Navigation Limited, 345 SW Avery Avenue Corvallis, Oregon USA 97333.  Phone (541) 752-9000