[Eecs-news-links] Data Visualization-Data Management (Portland Chapter)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:01:04 PST 2016

Learn about Advanced Data Visualization - Data Management PDX March Chapter Meeting
Thursday, March 17, 2016 from 8:30–11:30am
Standard Insurance Center Auditorium <http://calagator.org/venues/202391337>
900 SW 5th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97204, United States (map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=900%20SW%205th%20Avenue,%20Portland%20Oregon%2097204%20United%20States>)
(Take escalator to the 4th street level, Classrooms 1-4 are behind the café on the 4th street level)
Michael Scofield, M.B.A. is an Asst. Professor of Health Informatics at Loma Linda University. His experience includes banking, manufacturing, higher education, and software development. For the past 17 years he has spoken widely to professional audiences around the U.S., Canada, and Australia and the U.K. on topics of data management, data visualization, data quality assessment, and data acquisition.
Michael has spoken several times for the Portland DAMA chapter, and before 23 other DAMA chapters around the country. He has numerous articles published on these same topics, particularly on data quality assessment.
For details, visit: http://calagator.org/events/1250469885

From: Kurt R <snip>

As a CSEE alumni, I am reaching out to you in my role as President of the Portland Metro Area DAMA chapter.  We are a not-for-profit, vendor independent, professional association dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of enterprise information and data resource management.

We are making an effort as part of our educational outreach mission to reach out to local area universities to invite students and faculty to join us at our chapter meetings.

My question: Is there a place where we can make our chapter announcements available to OSU students?  We bring in speakers from around the country to talk about data-related topics most 3rd Thursdays of the month at a Portland location.

For example: We are bringing in Michael Scofield from Loma Linda university later this month to speak on Data Visualization.  (http://calagator.org/events/1250469885 or http://www.damapdx.org/)

As part of our educational outreach mission, our board of directors recently instituted a reduced student membership of $5.  This nominal charge covers provided refreshments (costs of bringing in speakers are generally covered by our regular members and corporate memberships).

Thank you for considering making our chapter notices available to OSU Students.  <snip>

Best Regards-
-Kurt
Kurt Rehfuss
MS CS OSU 1993
DAMAPDX President 2016

The Portland Metro Chapter of the Data Administration Management Association has served the Portland data community since 1984 and is one of the founding chapters of DAMA International.  Visit our web site at http://www.damapdx.org/.

Other upcoming speakers:

  *   April: "The Vital Role Data Managers in E –Discovery and Information Governance" with Mike Hamilton & Nancy Patton (Exterro) at Cambia/Regence
  *   May: "Agile Development and Data Management" with Michele Goetz (Forrester Research) at The Standard