[Eecs-news-links] Nike Entry Level Big Data Position

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jun 22 08:38:59 PDT 2016

Nike Consumer Digital Technology brings together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. Nike Consumer Digital Technology is responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working in Nike's Consumer Digital Technology organization will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job.
  The opportunity to join Nike Consumer Digital is now; we are creating new, innovative digital solutions and customizing products for consumers more quickly than ever before. To meet the demands of our business, we are rapidly embracing new software development and deployment technology and tools and delivering solutions using agile methodology. If that sounds exciting, this role is for you.

  *   MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
  *   Hands on experience with HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie, Impala, Storm, Spark or similar technologies
  *   Build libraries, user defined functions and frameworks on Hadoop eco system.
  *   Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around Hadoop and AWS eco system
  *   Excellent scripting skills in one or more (Java Script, Shell, Python etc.)
  *   Understanding of Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera or EMR
  *   Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results quickly and correctly in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
  *   Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
  *   Proven communication skills to work in cross functional teams to complete solution design, development and delivery
  *   Exposure to or Knowledge of working in large-scale distributed application development
  *   Knowledge of enterprise Hadoop development
Nice to Have

  *   Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
  *   Statistical analysis with R, Python or similar
  *   Experience with NoSQL & Columnar Databases technologies such as Cassandra, Redshift/Hbase
  *   Experience with messaging & Complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Storm and Spark
  *   Experience with AWS or Cloud
  *   Knowledge of NoSQL platforms such as Hbase, Mongo or Cassandra
Nike Consumer Digital Technology brings together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. Nike Consumer Digital Technology is responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working in Nike's Consumer Digital Technology organization will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job.

Still Interested?

To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.

Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.

As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified.

We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.