[Eecs-news-links] Intern opening @ Energy Trust of Oregon
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 28 17:37:46 PST 2016
For more details, visit:
Engineering Intern: Planning and Evaluation
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas. In 2014, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
The Engineering Intern position is designed for graduate students or undergraduate students in their junior or senior year with a desire to gain knowledge about energy efficiency, building science and experience with data collection and analysis that informs organizational decision-making. The Engineering Intern will assist Engineering, Planning and Evaluation staff with a wide range of data collection and data analysis tasks.
The Planning Group is responsible for management and implementation of Energy Trust processes for program forecasting, screening of prescriptive measures, and incorporating evaluation findings and programmatic and engineering lessons learned into reports of efficiency program savings. This position will support technical analysis, coordination, reporting and communications regarding energy efficiency programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with the engineering team and others to evaluate energy efficiency measures.
* Assess consistency of proposed new programs and tests of innovative efficiency measures with Energy Trust's pilot development process.
* Develop cost/benefit analyses of technologies, measures, and program approaches.
* Assist the development efficiency program options, helping to evaluate those options.
* Review and provide feedback on reports, memos, notes and other documents
* Provide memos to approve measures, document key parameters, define the scope and limitations of approval
* Work with IT and programs to convert the approvals into measures recorded in program tracking systems
* Maintain and enhance archives for cost-effectiveness decision making.
* Provide support to engineering and planning staff including data entry, extraction, and cleaning; organization of electronic files; assistance with events; and note-taking
* Complete other projects as needed.
* Completed at least three years of a college or university degree program focused on engineering, science, or architecture.
* Interest in learning about energy efficiency and renewable energy. Past experience in these areas is preferred, but not required.
* Interest in applying engineering concepts in a pragmatic way to help assess what efficiency measures will typically cost and save
* Experience or coursework in Business and Economics, especially as pertains to project assessment using NPV, IRR and other quantitative economic criteria.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Experienced with database querying and analysis tools such as SQL
* Highly self-motivated and independent.
* Able to work on multiple tasks and projects at once and effectively collaborate with others
* Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills.
* Willingness and skills to do a combination of communications and coordination, documentation, and detailed technical work.
* Demonstrated ability to work analytically at both a detailed and strategic level.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. In particular, the ability to analyze complex technical issues and succinctly convey conclusions, inferences, and applications in general terms understandable to diverse technical and public audiences.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
* Applications accepted until position is filled.
* This is a temporary part time position paying $17 per hour, and is expected to continue for 3-9 months duration (not to exceed 1000 hours).
* The start date is flexible, although it could start as early as mid-January.
* This position is not eligible for company benefits.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust's website www.energytrust.org/About/careers<http://www.energytrust.org/About/careers>) to careers at energytrust.org<mailto:careers at energytrust.org>.
Attn: Engineering Intern - P&E
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open until position is filled.
Energy Trust Employment Application (PDF<http://energytrust.org/library/forms/HR_FM0100.pdf> | Word<http://energytrust.org/library/forms/HR_FM0100.doc>)
Employment application packets are accepted via regular mail, fax at 503.546.6862 or by email to careers at energytrust.org<mailto:careers at energytrust.org>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links