[Eecs-news-links] Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments - Technology Services Manager Position
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Jan 22 14:36:45 PST 2016
From: Cory Vieira [mailto:cvieira at ocwcog.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:29 PM
Subject: Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments - Technology Services Manager Position
My name is Cory Vieira, and I am an HR Assistant with the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments. We are a member organization providing essential services to Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties. We are currently actively recruiting for a Technology Services Manager, and I wanted to reach out to you in hopes that you could help increase awareness of this opportunity among current and former computer science majors.
With this position, we would be looking for a candidate who has completed their undergraduate program, so mostly graduate, post-bacc, doctoral, or alumni interested in the position would be more than welcome to apply.
Additionally, our organization is looking to increase our internship capabilities, particularly those in our IT department. My HR Manager and I would definitely be interested in setting up a meeting with you at some point in the next few months to discuss our internship program and how we can help OSU students fulfill any internship requirement and gain work experience in our organization.
Please see the attached document for the job description, and let us know if there are any additional questions you have about the posting or our organization.
Thanks for your assistance, I look forward to working with you in the future.
Human Resources Assistant
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments
1400 Queen Avenue SE, Ste. 201
cvieira at ocwcog.org<mailto:cvieira at ocwcog.org>
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This email communication is subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedule and may be made available to the Public. OCWCOG is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Technology Services Manager
Department - Albany Office
Full-Time - FLSA Exempt
Job # 201529
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG) is a voluntary association of twenty cities, three counties, the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians and a port district in the Linn, Benton, and Lincoln county region. Is an exciting, multifaceted organization staffed by over 160 dedicated professionals in three OCWCOG office locations, and eleven Senior Meal sites.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides management and overall direction for agency technology, telephony, data, and information systems. Duties include maintaining and evolving the technology capacity of the agency and contracting to similarly assist member governments and others within the Cascades West region. This position is exempt from FLSA and is not eligible for overtime.
Graduation from a four-year college or university in computer science, business administration, or related field, plus four years additional professional experience required, including two (2) years network administration experience along with a minimum of two years supervisory experience; OR, any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
If you are offered employment, the offer will be contingent upon the outcome of a criminal records check, and the information will be shared with Human Resources. Any criminal history will be reviewed and could result in the withdrawal of the offer or termination of employment.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of networking systems, system hardware, application software; thorough knowledge of electronic communication systems; knowledge of cloud and cloud architecture; knowledge of telephone and voice messaging systems; ability to develop and implement business plans for technology and information services; Ability to develop program goals and analyze service delivery systems.
SALARY and BENEFITS: $4,608 - $6134/mo., plus a comprehensive benefits package including fully paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and retirement benefits through PERS.
OFFICIAL CLOSING DATE: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
TO APPLY: To apply, please submit the following:
1. Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments Employment Application;
2. A current resume that clearly describes your experience, skills and/or knowledge related to the requirements of the position and demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications as listed above. Resumes must include the month and year when listing your dates of employment; AND
3. A cover letter explaining your background, experience and training that qualify you for this position. Please address each of the desired attributes listed above by giving specific examples and explaining your role and level of responsibility.
Mail or email a COG Employment Application, resume, and cover letter to hrrecruit at ocwcog.org
Council of Governments
1400 Queen Ave SE, Ste 201
Albany, OR 97322
COG Applications available at the Council of Governments office, 1400 Queen Ave SE, Albany, or at www.ocwcog.org<http://www.ocwcog.org/>. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
[December 29, 2015]
OREGON CASCADES WEST COUNCIL OF GOVERNMENTS
Title: Technology Services Manager
Position Classification: Program Manager (FLSA - Exempt - not eligible for overtime)
Department: General Administration
Reports to: Deputy Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides management and overall direction for agency technology, telephony, data, and information systems. Duties include maintaining and evolving the technology capacity of the agency and contracting to similarly assist member governments and others within the Cascades West region. Responsible for technologies that include, but are not limited to: computer hardware, peripherals and software; networking of computer and other information system devices; interfacing of systems; information management devices; and telephone and voice messaging systems. Establishes technology systems and security standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Performs position duties in a manner which promotes customer service and harmonious working relationships, including treating all persons courteously and respectfully. Engages in effective team participation through willingness to assist and support co-workers, supervisors, and other work related-associations. Develops good working relationships with division and agency staff and supervisors through active participation in accomplishing group projects and in identifying and resolving problems in a constructive manner. Demonstrates openness of constructive feedback and suggestions, in an effort to strengthen work performance. Contributes to a positive, respectful and productive work atmosphere. Regular attendance is required to meet the demands of this job and to provide necessary services.
- Manages and promotes the development, maintenance and coordination of a comprehensive service delivery system to provide networking, data, technical support, system analysis and programming services to the agency and others the agency may contract with.
- Develops and monitors internal process and procedures to manage Technology Services including personnel, finance, program development and resource development.
- Determines agency's technology needs and provides assistance to managers in developing long-range program goals and short-range operational objectives through analysis of program content and effectiveness.
- Develops and implements operational policies, program service and goals, objectives and performance measures for planning, maintaining and updating information systems.
- Coordinates with State agencies regarding State-mandated software and network requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies and monitoring their effectiveness in meeting business needs.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Maintains knowledge of hardware and software requirements and necessary related equipment for planned systems.
- Maintains knowledge of software development.
- Plans, directs and supervises installation and maintenance of all telecommunication equipment and services, including long distance services, equipment, voice mail and data line.
- Researches telecommunications innovations and options and presents appropriate recommendations for system improvement to the Deputy Director.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Develops work site programs for interns or other work study staff as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives general supervision from the Deputy Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides supervision to and evaluation of assigned staff. May supervise interns or other temporary staff and volunteers.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL JOB SKILLS
R = Rarely (< 1%) O = Occasionally (1% - 33%)
F = Frequently (34% - 66%) C = Continuously (67% - 100%)
Basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
Advanced Math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation)
Written English Communication
Coordination of Multiple Tasks
Adapting to Constant Change
Management of Stress
Vision (1-10 ft)
Vision (10-20 ft)
Long range vision (20+)
Computer/Keyboard/mouse track ball use
Pushing 10 lbs/day
Pulling 10 lbs/day
Lifting 20 lbs/day
Carrying 20 lbs/day
Work is performed primarily in an office environment utilizing a personal computer, telephone and a variety of office equipment. Position requires sitting for long periods of time and performing extensive computer and ten-key work. Frequent travel may be required to meetings and other events. Attendance at occasional evening meetings.
Experience & Training
Graduation from a four-year college or university in computer science, business administration, or related field, plus four years additional professional experience required, including two (2) years network administration experience along with a minimum of two years supervisory experience; OR, any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. Microsoft Certifications preferable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of networking systems, system hardware, application software;
Thorough knowledge of electronic communication systems;
Knowledge of cloud and cloud architecture;
Knowledge of telephone and voice messaging systems;
Knowledge of electronic records storage and archive rules;
Knowledge of confidentiality rules;
Ability to develop and implement business plans for technology and information services;
Ability to develop program goals and analyze service delivery systems;
Ability to monitor and administer a budget;
Ability to develop and manage projects;
Ability to direct and coordinate staff work activity;
Ability to effectively motivate and supervise staff;
Ability to maintain a cooperative work environment;
Ability to advise others outside the agency on technology matters and perform consulting;
Ability to represent the agency on state and local technology committees;
Ability to work independently within assigned area of responsibility;
Ability to use innovative and creative approaches to problem solving;
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, local government officials, state and federal officials on technical and non-technical issues in a personable and professional manner;
Valid Oregon Driver's License or the ability to travel over the tri-county area (Linn, Benton, and Lincoln) and participate in state meetings as required.
Must successfully complete a criminal history and driving record check.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To successfully perform this job, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links