[Eecs-news-links] Sr. Hadoop Engineer @ Nike
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 15 10:28:07 PST 2016
Sr. Hadoop Engineer-
Do you have passion for turning data into meaningful information and working with data at scale? As the Sr. Hadoop Engineer, you'll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for Nike digital. You'll be responsible for the delivery of solutions on top of Hadoop Big Data Platform implementation. These solutions powers critical business decisions and personalized experiences for our consumers.
* Hands on experience with HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie, Impala, Storm, Spark or similar technologies
* Build libraries, user defined functions and frameworks on Hadoop eco system.
* Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around Hadoop and AWS eco system
* Excellent scripting skills in one or more (Java Script, Shell, Python etc.)
* Strong understanding of Hadoop architecture preferably with Cloudera Hadoop distribution
* Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results quickly and correctly in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
* Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
* Proven ability to work cross functional teams to complete solution design, development and delivery
* MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* 6+ years’ experience in large-scale distributed application development
* 1+ year enterprise experience in Hadoop development
Nice to Have
* Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
* Statistical analysis with R, Python or similar
* Experience with NoSQL & Columnar Databases technologies such as Cassandra, Redshift/Hbase
* Experience with messaging & Complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Storm and Spark
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links