[Eecs-news-links] Business Intelligence Analyst Internship @ HP

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Feb 12 10:47:56 PST 2016

Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst Intern    jobs.hp.com #1479545

Business Environment and Objectives

Printing is a large contributor to the success of HP Inc. It’s an exciting blend of commercial and consumer products with strong market leadership around the globe. Within Imaging & Printing, the Big Data Business Transformation organization contributes to business strategy, planning, and operations by delivering data and insights that are used to drive strategic decision-making.  Our advanced analytics and collective business acumen drive business results.  We have launched a large scale Big Data program that collects high volumes of customer printing data to create competitive advantage.  Our Big Data strategy centers on expanding the acquisition of customer data from the deployed printer fleet and pairing it with other data sources such as demographic data, HP Inc. channel data, government & third party data (e.g. census, Google Maps) to enrich analytics and provide actionable insights.

Job Requirements

The BI Analyst Intern will conduct deep-dive ad-hoc analyses for the purpose of identifying new trends and opportunities to improve key business processes and decisions.  Expect to work on several projects over the course of your internship, with varying degrees of complexity.  You will be assigned a mentor, and work with a wide cross-section of partners in the business (Region, R&D, Marketing, Operations, Quality & Customer Satisfaction) to perform analyses across a number of different parameters: printer & device features, promotions, new business models, and quality to name a few. Some of the key aspects of the role include:
− Identify the appropriate research source, analytical methods and tools required to achieve the objectives or complete the project
− Organize the data gathering process and analytical approach
− Develop and/or enhance existing financial and statistical models to explain the results
− Synthesize the key information and conclusions
− Contribute to the set of comprehensive recommendations for optimizing the business and financial performance based upon the conclusions
− Independently draft and present the deliverables to clients and senior leaders

Qualifications
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, curiosity for data, and some experience using SQL.
− Junior status or later, pursuing a Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. degree in business, statistics, economics, math or similar
− Strong business acumen with statistical classes required
− Background in predictive analytics desired
− Must be self-motivated with strong time management skills
− Ability to work independently
− Demonstrated analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
− Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence
− Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to complete project objectives

Job Title & Scope
00440(N-Z) – Intern
Job Location

Boise, Corvallis, or Vancouver