[Eecs-news-links] Hiring Machine Learning Interns at Apple (Austin, TX)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 11 09:25:40 PST 2016

On Feb 11, 2016, at 9:09 AM, Ronny Bjarnason <ronny at apple.com<mailto:ronny at apple.com>> wrote:
<snip>

I remember you would always send these out when I was in the CS program. I wanted you to know about this opportunity we have here in Austin, TX for M.S. and Ph.D. students. Please pass this along to anyone you think may be interested.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Apple's Analytic Insight team (based in Austin, TX) has openings for Data Science interns this summer.

The Analytic Insight team provides analytic support across Apple's lines of business, applying machine learning and data mining to protect customers and mitigate abuse.  The team of data scientists develop supervised and unsupervised models from historical data to take real-time and forensic action against a variety of threats.

As an intern on the AI team, you will work with your mentor to develop an innovative research project and present the results to senior leadership at the end of the summer. You will get to work on interesting problems with real data at a large scale.  Past internship projects include: active learning, relational learning and data visualization.

We are seeking a Ph.D. or M.S. student in machine learning, statistics, operations research or related field.  A qualified candidate will have strong programming skills and a solid understanding of machine learning algorithms.  Comfort with large-scale databases and distributed computing is a plus.  All resumes can be sent to mailto:amcgrew at apple.com

 ronny