[Eecs-news-links] 2016 -2017 Iberdrola USA Foundation Call for Scholarships in the United States

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:27:05 PST 2016

From: Beach, Darlene
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 2:58 PM
To: V John Mathews; 'scott.ashford at oregonstate.edu'
Subject: 2016 -2017 Iberdrola USA Foundation Call for Scholarships in the United States

Dear John and Scott,

Just in case you have not heard, Iberdrola USA changed its name to AVANGRID, Inc., and The Iberdrola USA Foundation changed its name to the AVANGRID Foundation, Inc. Attached is a press release in connection with the change in name.

The Call for Scholarships that we published in December 2015 will close at 8:00 a.m. eastern standard time on February 26, 2016.  We do not have any control over the database and exceptions are not made. Last year we had a couple of excellent candidates that missed the deadline.  Hopefully, that will not happen this year.

The responses to the Call have been very low. In total about 125 students from Spain have started the process and only 10 students from the US have started the process.  The process has to be completed in order for the scholar to be considered. I was not able to see which universities the students chose.

I visited Oregon State University’s website and saw a variety of very positive information.  However, I did not see our Call.  Did I miss it?

Would you let me know how you are disseminating the information.  We are hopefully that several students will apply to Oregon State University.

Best regards,
Darlene

Darlene Beach
Treasurer – AVANGRID Foundation

52 Farm View Drive, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Telephone 207.688.4341, Cell 207.522.0843
Fax 207.688.4354
darlene.beach at iberdrolausa.com<mailto:darlene.beach at iberdrolausa.com>

In the interest of the environment,
please print only if necessary and recycle.