[Eecs-news-links] CS Tenure Track Position (Charleston, SC)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Dec 28 14:00:25 PST 2016

From: Michael Verdicchio [mailto:mverdicc at citadel.edu]
<snip>
I'm reaching out because I found you listed as the graduate program coordinator. My name is Mike Verdicchio and I'm on the search committee for a tenure track position in computer science in Charleston, SC. We have recently extended our application period and I wanted to ask your help in passing along our position posting to any talented graduate students that are scheduled to graduate by summer 2017. We would welcome their prompt application, and we are open to all areas of computer science expertise. More details are attached. Enjoy your holidays, and thank you for any help you might be able to provide.
With appreciation,
Mike

--
Michael Verdicchio, PhD
Assistant Professor, Computer Science<http://macs.citadel.edu/>, The Citadel

Tenure-Track Position in Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (http://www.citadel.edu/root/mathcs) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in computer science at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2017. Minimum qualifications include an earned Ph.D. in computer science and a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service. In addition, candidates should display the core values of The Citadel: honor, duty, and respect. Candidates from all areas of computer science are encouraged to apply.

Located in beautiful Charleston, S.C., The Citadel (http://www.citadel.edu/root/)is a fully accredited, public, comprehensive, co-educational college with a student body of 2300 undergraduate and 1000 evening and graduate students. The department has 16 full-time faculty members covering the areas of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. The department offers B.S. and M.S. degrees in computer science, a graduate certificate in cybersecurity, and minors in computer programming, management information systems, and cybersecurity. Teaching responsibilities include undergraduate courses in computer science for majors and minors and graduate-level courses in our joint Master of Science program with the College of Charleston. A normal teaching load is nine-twelve hours per week with small class sizes.

The Citadel supports faculty scholarship and professional development. Internal funding is available for research, development, and travel. Salary and fringe benefits are competitive, and other benefits include convenient parking and access to the Citadel Beach House located on the Isle of Palms.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vita, copies of transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research plan, and at least three letters of recommendation with at least one that addresses applicant's teaching. All application materials should be submitted online at The Citadel Careers web site,  http://careers.pageuppeople.com/743/cw/en-us/job/494172/assistant-professor-in-computer-science. If you have any questions or concerns while applying at the Citadel Careers web site, please call The Citadel's Human Resources Office at 843-953-6922.

Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Shankar M. Banik, Chair, Computer Science Search Committee, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, The Citadel, 171 Moultrie Street, Charleston, SC 29409, phone: 843-953-5039, or email: shankar.banik at citadel.edu . Review of applications will begin on December 2, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.

Applications from women and minorities are especially encouraged. The Citadel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively committed to ensuring diversity in all campus employment.