[Eecs-news-links] FW: Landis Consulting

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Dec 4 13:19:38 PST 2016

From: Ben Perry [mailto:Ben_Perry at landisconsulting.com]
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 4:41 PM
To: Batten, Tina <tina.batten at oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Landis Consulting

Hi Tina - Thanks for returning my call today.
Please see attached for a PDF and word doc version of our job posting for Engineer I.
Please make available to EE and construction engineering students.

Also, please forward to professors/instructors who would likely know students who would be a good fit for a small, electrical engineering consulting firm.
I would certainly be willing to meet in person with one of your staff members to discuss our firm and what we are looking for.
If there is a staff member who is willing, would you be able to put me in contact with them?

I am not an alumni of OSU, so I don't have the same contacts as somebody who went through the program.

Thanks for your help and have a good weekend.

Ben Perry, Senior Project Manager, PE
Landis Consulting
Salem, OR

Electrical Engineer I (internship / part time and full time)

Experience: 0-4 years

Qualifications:  BSEE or BSCEM, passed FE exam (preferred)

Landis Consulting, Salem, OR

Landis Consulting is a small electrical and control systems consulting engineering firm.  We provide engineering design and construction services for municipal wastewater & water facilities, health care facilities, higher education, K-12, and commercial projects.  We have expertise in the design of medium & low voltage power distribution, lighting & lighting control, process & instrumentation, low voltage communication, fire alarm, and access control & security systems.  Our typical projects range in size from $0.5MM to $25MM in construction costs.  A sampling of our regular client base includes the City of Salem, Clean Water Services, Westech Engineering, City of Albany, Eugene Water & Electric Board, Northside Electric, BHE Group, and multiple universities, community colleges, and schools in the Willamette Valley.

We are fortunate to be growing, and are interested in hiring an entry level electrical engineer.  We plan to invest significantly in developing strong technical skills and providing the opportunity to gain invaluable engineering experience.  We would venture to say that the diversity of engineering work, responsibility level, expectations, and training is truly unique to our firm and could not be obtained elsewhere in the market.  Since we are a small firm, we are very selective in whom we choose to employ.  We have very high standards, as the lifeblood of our firm is our reputation and service. Immediate job responsibilities will include basic electrical design and calculations, feeder and branch circuit sizing, drawing production utilizing AutoCAD MEP, specification editing, and product research.  Long term, our goal is to mold and mentor a junior engineer into a highly skilled and respected Professional Engineer.

A qualified candidate will possess the following qualifications:  genuine interest for the construction industry (not just a job and a paycheck); inquisitive, curious and thoughtful by nature; strong verbal and written communication skills; soft skills and emotional intelligence; maturity; demonstrated academic achievement in College; and extremely high attention to detail.  Demonstrated work experience is required (although not required to be technical in nature).   Additional skills and experiences that would be valued but not essential:  computer programming (VBA, C++, AutoLisp); hands-on experience in construction or manufacturing environment; internship in the construction industry.

Please send all resumes and questions to

Ben Perry, PE Vice President

Ben_Perry at landisconsulting.com<mailto:Ben_Perry at landisconsulting.com>
503.584.1576