[Eecs-news-links] 4 Open CS Faculty Positions at WWU

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Aug 3 16:30:39 PDT 2016

From: Perry Fizzano [mailto:Perry.Fizzano at wwu.edu]
Subject: 4 Open CS Faculty Positions at WWU

Colleagues -

I hope summer is treating you well.

I'm writing to notify you of four open faculty positions in the Computer Science Department at Western Washington University.  These are expansion positions as we continue to grow to accommodate increasing student interest in computer science.   I'm hoping you can spread the word to graduating PhD students and postdocs whom you know.

Two of the four open positions are in CS Education.  These faculty will hold joint appointments between WWU's CS Department and our Science, Math and Technology Education (SMATE) program.  All excellent candidates will be considered for the other two open positions but we prefer candidates interested in embedded systems, cloud computing, security, graphics or internet technologies.

I've attached a PDF with some more details that you are welcome to forward to others.  There are links on the PDF that point to the full job descriptions.

And definitely encourage people to reach out to me if they have any questions at all.

Thanks for spreading the word.  We appreciate your help.

Perry Fizzano
Chair, Computer Science Dept.
Western Washington University