[Eecs-news-links] FW: Positions Still Available! CTY Summer Employment – Computer Science Teaching Assistants and Instructors

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 21 11:17:02 PDT 2016

From: Frannie Worek [mailto:fworek at jhu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:46 AM
Subject: Positions Still Available! CTY Summer Employment – Computer Science Teaching Assistants and Instructors

Dear Computer Science department representative,

I am writing you to let you know about an excellent opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students in your department who may be interested in summer employment as a computer science teaching assistant or instructor with the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Information regarding our summer programs can be found at www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer<file:///\\brightstar.cty.jhu.edu\ctyfileshare\Academic%20Programs\Acadprog.16\Curriculum\Math.16\Recruiting\Message%20templates\www.cty.jhu.edu\jobs\summer>.

As we are still looking to fill a number of TA and instructor positions for this upcoming summer, I appreciate you taking the time to forward the information below to undergraduate and graduate students in your department.

Kind regards,
Frannie Worek

Frannie Worek
Assistant Program Manager, Summer Academic Programs
Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
cty.jhu.edu/summer<http://cty.jhu.edu/summer>

[cid:A1B10892-EA76-48E5-BA40-7BFD5019FA24]
________________________________

Summer 2016 Employment Opportunities:
Computer Science Teaching Assistants and Instructors

The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available on the East and West coasts at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools, with room and board provided on campus to all staff at our residential sites. A full list of locations can be found at www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html<http://www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html>.

We are currently seeking individuals for a number of courses, including:

  *   Fundamentals of Computer Science
  *   Data Structures and Algorithms
  *   Advanced Robotics
  *   Introduction to Robotics

Course descriptions can be found at http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/math_computer_science.html#computer_science<http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses/math_computer_science.html%23computer_science>.

Why teach for CTY?

  *   share your passion for computer science with highly motivated and talented students
  *   be a part of an intellectual community
  *   develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
  *   work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
  *   limited class size (18 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
  *   salary plus room and board at our residential sites

2016 Program Core Dates

  *   Session 1: June 23 - July 16, 2016
  *   Session 2: July 16 - August 6, 2016

Terms of Employment

  *   Starting salary for two sessions is $2,400 for TAs and $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors
  *   Room and board are provided at residential sites

More Information

  *   Teaching Assistant job description: http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions/residential/teaching_assistant.html
  *   Instructor job description: http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/positions/residential/instructor.html
  *   Employment with CTY: www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer<http://www.cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer>

To Apply
Please fill out an online application at http://cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer.

Questions? Contact Amber Wagner Gaines at awagnergaines at jhu.edu<mailto:awagnergaines at jhu.edu>.

Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.