[Eecs-news-links] FW: Engineering/Creative Technology Interships w/The Lodge @ Wieden+Kennedy

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Apr 18 16:24:17 PDT 2016

From: Grant Thomas [mailto:grant.thomas at wk.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 1:53 PM
To: Batten, Tina <tina.batten at oregonstate.edu<mailto:tina.batten at oregonstate.edu>>
Subject: Engineering/Creative Technology Interships w/The Lodge @ Wieden+Kennedy

Hi Tina,
My name is Grant Thomas -- I'm a creative technology lead with The Lodge @ Wieden + Kennedy and an OSU EECS alum.

The Lodge is the creative technology group at W+K -- we're a team of creative minded engineers and designers that work on projects ranging from mobile apps, to VR, platforms, installations, robotics, fabrication, electronics and more.

I'm reaching out because we're searching for candidates for a 3-month internship this summer -- specifically curious, creative engineers that want to make things and are willing to write code to get it done.  A strong interest in a non-CS topic and the application of CS to that domain is ideal.  Bottom line is we're looking for flexible, curious graduating seniors that want to come up with great ideas, prototype them, and hopefully carry them to completion.

I've attached details on W+K's internship program and pasted some links to our work below. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the work or anything else.

Needybot:
http://needybot.io/

Verizon in Minecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdlZRhKmWJY

Soundsketch:
http://soundsketch.io/

Composite
http://www.compositeframework.io/

Our website for a bit more background
http://wklodge.com<http://wklodge.com/>

Thanks!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D19982.08AE1680]

INTERNSHIP SUMMARY :: PORTLAND, OREGON

Company Overview: Wieden+Kennedy is an independently owned full-service advertising agency headquartered in Portland, OR. W+K was founded in 1982 and currently has nearly 1300 employees working in: Portland, New York, Amsterdam, Tokyo, London, Delhi, Sao Paulo and Shanghai.           Our client list includes some of the most-recognized brands in the world like Coke, Nike, P&G, Old Spice and Dodge/ Chrysler. We aim to recruit a diverse group of candidates across the nation to participate in our Internship Program.

W+K Internships typically run 3 months. The start and end dates are flexible throughout the year, although primarily take place in the summer. Compensation is $12/hour + overtime for weeks totaling more than 40 hours. Furnished housing and airfare (to and from Portland) will be provided for those selected from

out-of-state. All local interns are expected to continue with their regular living arrangements.

Duties: Duties will vary depending on the department to which you are assigned: Account Service, PR, Strategic Planning (Digital and Integrated), Business Affairs, Creative, Production (Art, Broadcast or Digital), Project Management, Studio (Digital and Print), Joint/ Content Services (editing facility), Media, HR, IT, Accounting, Digital Tech/ Development/ IA/ UI/ QA/ Motion/ Design

Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree and some exposure to advertising/a creative industry. A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking.           Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees. A pro-active and curious nature. Unique personalities/ interests/ hobbies/ passions. A sense of humor!

Benefits/ Perks: Access to shop at the Nike Employee Store where the discount on products can be nearly 50% off retail prices, half-court gym and fitness center equipped with exercise machines and free weights on-site, daily classes include cardio, weight training and yoga. Locker and shower facilities on-site. On-site massage therapist, discounted movie tickets. Pool table, foosball table, two video arcade games, pinball machine, video gaming systems, in-house café for coffee, breakfast and lunch, pet-friendly work environment. Two nap rooms, beer on tap, complimentary Coca-Cola products and coffee and teas, reimbursable expenses for cabs and meals when working late, agency sponsored softball, soccer, volleyball, bowling leagues and Hood-to-Coast Relay Team. No dress code. Co-workers who inspire you to be better.

How to Apply: Please visit our site: http://www.wk.com/jobs/internships for updates on when to apply. Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted. No phone calls, please. We greatly appreciate your interest in W+K’s Internship Program.

wieden+kennedy 224 nw 13th ave : portland, or 97209  www.wk.com<http://www.wk.com/>