[Eecs-news-links] Engineering Internship @ Opal Kelly

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:21:55 PDT 2014

Job Posting: Engineering Intern
Time: Full Time
Benefits: Relocation stipend
Pay: DOE

Company Description
Opal Kelly, founded in 2004, offers a range of powerful, offtheshelf, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and PCI Express FPGA modules, including the easytouse Opal Kelly FrontPanel software interface and robust API.  Opal Kelly products provide the essential devicetocomputer interconnect for fast and efficient product prototyping, testing, development, and OEM integration.  Development engineers, researchers, teachers, and serious hobbyists, worldwide, use Opal Kelly modules for a versatile and economical interconnect solution that shortens development time, fills expertise gaps, and dramatically accelerates time to market.

Job Description
We're looking for an exceptionally bright engineer capable of working with both software and hardware in a lab setting. Ideally, your experience, ability, and interests should cast a wide net  we need someone who is comfortable working with a number of technologies and adaptable to acquire new experience. This includes hardware design, understanding schematics, familiarity with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) as well as software, Linux and other UNIX operating systems, scripting, and languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, and Ruby.

An ideal candidate would be someone who shares a passion for building tools that make other engineers' jobs easier. Tools that can be applied in a number of different ways to improve the timetomarket of other companies.

With Initial Contact, Please Include
We believe that your accomplishments speak for themselves.  Our ideal candidate will have been a part of a number of projects and have materials to provide as proof of competence in engineering a product from start to finish.  With your initial contact, please include as much of the following as possible. These could be course projects, capstone projects, or selfdirected projects.

●     Sample PCB schematic, layout, and/or photograph and thorough description.
●     Sample HDL (Verilog or VHDL) or an open source project to which you have contributed significantly.
●     Sample C / C++ code or an open source project to which you have contributed significantly.
●     Resume.

Recommended Experience
●     Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics major
●     Projects involving FPGAs or other programmable logic
●     Superior troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
●     Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (design documentation / code documentation)
●     Good organizational skills  experience with (and advocate of!) revision control, SVN / GIT preferred
●     Software programming useful: Scripts, C / C++ / C# / Java / Python / Ruby

If interested - please apply at jobs at opalkelly.com<mailto:jobs at opalkelly.com>