[Eecs-news-links] FW: Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 20 10:18:50 PDT 2014

From: jim.blythe at criticalsystemsinc.com<mailto:jim.blythe at criticalsystemsinc.com> [mailto:jim.blythe at criticalsystemsinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:08 PM
To: Kelly, Christine
Subject: Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship

Hi Christine,

Per my voicemail, I’d like to extend an offer for Oregon State College of Engineering students the opportunity to compete for our company scholarship.   More info below:

Critical Systems, Inc. provides products and services for organizations that are developing micro and nano technologies.  We launched the Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship last year, and this will continue for years to come.   We are offering two scholarships per year to 3rd and 4th year undergrad students in the engineering, math, and/or science that are showing an interest in these technologies.   Note that the first scholarship’s open period began March 15th (sorry for the late notice), but continues through the end of April, so there is plenty of time.  The 2nd one in the fall.   Here is a link to the webpage that explains further:  http://www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships

Given the facilities and programs there, Oregon State will certainly have students who would qualify, and we would welcome applications from them.

The only requirement that we have is that the scholarship be posted somewhere on the school’s website, so that any student who wanted to apply for the scholarship can do so.  We want to avoid the situation where a student isn’t aware of the scholarship.   This was suggested to us last year, and we want to ensure that we maintain a fair and equitable approach.

Please let me know either way if you will be offering this to your students.

Thanks and best regards,

Jim Blythe
Critical Systems, Inc.
208.639.0459 (office)