[Eecs-news-links] FW: Job at Rockwell Collins

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jul 15 09:21:25 PDT 2014

From: Kaly Etten [mailto:kaly.etten at rockwellcollins.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:05 AM
To: Batten, Tina
Subject: Job at Rockwell Collins

Tina,
 I was hoping that you would be able to help gain visibility for a position at Rockwell Collins? Here is the job description:

At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer  to join our team in Portland, OR (Wilsonville)..   Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.

This position is located in Portland, OR.  Relocation to Portland is required. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.

This position is for a Quality Assurance Engineer within Rockwell Collins Government Systems Division in Wilsonville OR.

The position encompasses the following:
- Passionate, driven to succeed, and self-motivated work style and personality who can lead teams and projects and individually held accountable for achieving goals and objectives
- Must have strong presentation skills and effectively communicate relevant information in writing, conversationally, and in public speaking to internal and external employees, customers, vendors, etc.
- Ability to function as project team leader for assigned projects and the ability to work independently and be self-motivating
- Experience with leading continuous improvement projects with demonstrated results
- Proficient in using quality science tools including but not limited to variation analysis, Cp/Cpk, SPC, PFMEA, 8D or other RCCA methodology.
- Familiarity with APQP is desirable as well as Six Sigma or Lean Greenbelt certification
-Prior experience with defense and aerospace programs is highly desirable.
- Conduct internal and external audits as required.  Excellent knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Analyze technical requirements of contracts, drawings and specifications to develop plans for product quality as applicable to materials and processes.
- Ensures products shipped to customers meet applicable business unit and contractual requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships with customers and Government representatives
- Decisiveness - Exhibits the personal confidence necessary to make critical decisions, even amidst controversy and doubt
- Judgment - Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions
-  Review and approve production planning with respect to the quality, first article and inspection requirements.  Analyzes root causes of deficiencies for trends and ensures proper corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.  Maintain corrective action plans as required to support customer requirements.  Review and process discrepancy tags when MRB action is required

Kaly J. Etten / University Relations Liaison / University Relations
400 Collins Rd NE Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498  MS 193-101
Phone: 319-263-7460 / VPN: 319-263-7460
kaly.etten at rockwellcollins.com<mailto:kaly.etten at rockwellcollins.com>
www.rockwellcollins.com<http://www.rockwellcollins.com>