[Eecs-news-links] FW: Software Engineer (Programming) Intern positions are available at Open Dental Software

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jul 15 08:30:42 PDT 2014

From: Shannon Lockwood [mailto:human.resources at opendental.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:14 AM
To: Batten, Tina
Cc: 'Nathan Sparks'
Subject: RE: Software Engineer (Programming) Intern positions are available at Open Dental Software

Hi Tina,

We have 2 more positions available at Open Dental:  Software Engineer (Programmer) Intern and Software Engineer (Programmer).  We would greatly appreciate it if you would post our job openings on your e-newsletter.   I will be posting these positions on the Beaver Careers website: https://www.myinterfase.com/oregonstate/employer/.  I will be sure to let you know when we have filled the positions.

Software Engineer (Programming) Intern (Salem, OR)
Compensation: $15/hr to start
Internship
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer (Programming) intern position will meet the following requirements:
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering major, Junior standing or greater

Not required but helpful:
- Java and or C# knowledge or experience
- SQL/MySQL knowledge or experience
- Willing to work part time during the school year

Multiple positions, flexible schedule, can start immediately or in July.

Drug test and criminal background check will be required.

Software Engineer (Programmer) (Salem, OR)
Compensation: $30+/hr Depending on Experience
The information here is duplicated on our website at http://www.opendental.com/manual/employment.html

The ideal candidate for the programmer position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in programming or 5 years of programming experience.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- Experience with C# or Java a plus.

Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other developers and support technicians.
- Design, code, test, debug, and implement solutions using software design patterns, style guides, and best practices.
- Research and resolve customer reported issues. Participate in customer support and high level troubleshooting.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Independently manage time effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.

Benefits include very good medical and dental insurance, IRA with match, 2 weeks paid vacation / sick pay, increasing to 3 weeks after 3 years of employment.

Drug test and background check will be required.

Thanks again!

Shannon Lockwood
HR Administrator
Open Dental Software