[Eecs-news-links] FW: Job Opportunities

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Apr 22 15:37:12 PDT 2014

ATI Wah Chang
Job Opportunities
Albany, Oregon

ATI Wah Chang is one of the largest producers of specialty metals and chemicals in the world.  Our talented people use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of specialty metals including zirconium, titanium, hafnium, niobium, vanadium, zirconium and hafnium chemicals and their related alloys.  ATI's materials are used in energy production, chemical and mineral processing, aerospace, medical applications, research and consumer products.

The cornerstones of our value system are based on achieving the highest ethical standards, maintaining strong customer focus and providing challenging and rewarding opportunities for our employees. Because of the knowledge and experience of our employees, ATI is known world-wide in the industry as a forerunner in the design, manufacturing, and applications of our exotic metals. We are proud of the accomplishments of our employees and we invite you to pursue a future in the challenging and rewarding field of Specialty Metals.

<snip>

Electrical Project Engineer
Employees in this position are responsible for the design and management of plant capital and maintenance projects within an industrial environment.
*             Analyze and interpret requesting department's needs for new or refurbished equipment, systems and facilities and propose viable alternatives and solutions.
*             Prepare cost estimates, schedules and performance objectives for capital and expense projects.
*             Design cost-effective new, modified or replacement power or control systems associated with processes, buildings, structures or systems per applicable codes to meet all production, environmental and safety requirements.
*             Prepare specifications and obtain competitive bids and estimates for labor and material costs to acquire funding to complete assigned engineering projects.
*             Analyze and recommend bids, estimate labor costs, downtime costs and material costs to develop a budget.
*             Provide electrical engineering functions as needed to fellow engineers and personnel for projects in other disciplines.
*             Oversee, direct and supervise contractors and consultants during construction, modification, and installation of plant equipment, facilities and systems.
*             Coordinate with plant maintenance and operations for various projects.
*             Knowledge and familiarity of safe work practices around electrical power equipment.
*             Desire to work with PLC and DCS systems.
*             Use computer assisted engineering and design software ware such as Easypower(r) to perform fault current calculations, overcurrent device coordination and arcflash analysis.
*             Develop engineering documents including single line diagrams, instrument loop drawings, control system flow diagrams, power & lighting plans, and general arrangement drawings.

Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 2-5 year's design/engineering experience. Successful candidate will have practical experience with electrical distribution & control system design, familiarity with electrical codes/standards, and project management duties. Heavy industrial engineering experience with familiarity in the electrical design of power distribution systems and PLC control systems is desired.  Position also requires experience assisting with the development and maintenance of budgets and schedules. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.  FE/EIT certification required and Professional Engineers Licensure in the state of Oregon must be in the career progression plan.

ATI Wah Chang is located in Albany, Oregon, approximately 65 miles south of Portland, in the heart of the Willamette Valley.  We offer a generous compensation package that includes low-cost medical, dental and vision benefits; life and accident insurance; tax-free health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts; an annual bonus plan; pension plan, 401(k); tuition assistance program; on-site fitness facility; multiple paid holidays per year and much more!

All positions listed are open until filled, resumes are under review now.  If interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes to jobs.wahchang at atimetals.com.

Please reference position title.
ATI is an Affirmative Action Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Equal Opportunity Employer
We participate in E-Verify.

From: Paja, Scott
<snip>

ATI has full-time openings in Albany, OR for 1 mechanical engineer and 1 electrical engineer-and will be posting these positions on BeaverJobNet (see attached).  Please share with your graduating students in the appropriate fields.

Thanks,

Scott