[Eecs-news-links] FW: Bend Startup Weekend

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 23 16:22:42 PDT 2013

From: Larry Jacobsen
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:54:48 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Subject: Bend Startup Weekend
Can you help us spread the word for the next Startup Weekend?  It is happening in just four weeks and we have lined up Steve Blank from Stanford as our keynote speaker.  The weekend will take place on October 18th through the 20th.
The website for the event is http://bend.startupweekend.org.  On twitter at @bendsw.
About the event:
Have a business idea that has been rattling around in your head for months, maybe even years? Your idea could rapidly become the next great Bend business success story!
This event starts out like speed dating for business. Individuals pitch ideas, quickly form teams, develop a business model and validate out in the community.
While the roots of Startup Weekend are founded in the tech industry, it encourages ideas for growth businesses from all industries and seeks a broad variety of participation including graphic designers, web designers, programmers, marketers, and business enthusiasts of all experience levels, including students.
Bend Startup Weekend will be limited to 75 participants to allow for true collaboration and hands-on involvement.
The price to participate in the weekend is only $99 including all meals, plus lots of coffee and beer!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Best Regards,
Larry

--
L A R R Y  J A C O B S E N