[Eecs-news-links] FW: please post ad about the TouchDevelop Hackathon

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 23 13:29:26 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Dig [mailto:digd at eecs.oregonstate.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:57 PM
To: Batten, Tina
Subject: please post ad about the TouchDevelop Hackathon

Hi Tina,

here comes the info about the Hackathon that I am hosting from Microsoft.

Title: TouchDevelop Hackathon

Experience a new way of writing apps directly on the phone or tablet (laptop will also do)!

Bring yourself and your device on Sunday, October 6th at 12pm to KEC 1003. We'll give a brief introduction to get you started and then we'll be on site to answer your questions until evening. We will provide lunch!

TouchDevelop is a programming environment that runs on iPad, iPhone, Windows Phone,  Android, PC, Mac, and Linux. If you have a mobile device, you write scripts by tapping on the screen. You do not need a separate PC or keyboard (but you can use it one if you have it).
Scripts can perform various tasks similar to regular apps. Any TouchDevelop user can install, run, edit, and publish scripts.

If you write a nice app or game, you can win $500, see https://www.touchdevelop.com/summer2013contest

====
You can find touchdevelop logo here:
https://az31353.vo.msecnd.net/c04/uxoj.png

Also, you should link the TouchDevelop logo and references to this webpage:
https://www.touchdevelop.com/

Given how close this is to the event, can you please post this on the department's website soon, so that students can put this event on their calendar?

Also, are we missing any info from the ad page?

thanks a LOT,
Danny