[Eecs-news-links] FW: 2013 Careers in Energy Week - Save the Date Flyer

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Sep 18 14:18:15 PDT 2013

From: Braveheart,Cain (CONTR) - T-DITT2 [mailto:rcbraveheart at bpa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:40 AM
Subject: 2013 Careers in Energy Week - Save the Date Flyer

Hello,

As you may know, 2013 Careers in Energy Week (CiE) is just around the corner. Attached is the Save the Date flyer our CiE team created to inform people of the wonderful events to take place this year.

Now we need your help to spread the word! Please forward this flyer to any all constituents you find relevant.

We appreciate your help and look forward to providing a fun and informative 2013 Careers in Energy Week!

I apologize if you have previously received this flyer.

Thank you!

Cain Braveheart
Volt Workforce Solutions
Transmission Services, T-DITT2
Bonneville Power Administration
*: rcbraveheart at bpa.gov<mailto:rcbraveheart at bpa.gov>

[cid:image001.gif at 01CEB446.E43A9D00]<http://www.bpa.gov/corporate/About_BPA/75th/>

[GIElogo]Careers in Energy Week October 14th - 18th, 2013

Don't forget to SAVE THE DATE!
These sponsoring organizations invite you to participate:
The Oregon/SW Washington Energy Consortium is sponsoring Careers in Energy Week, October 14th - 18th, 2013. Consortium members include: Portland General Electric, Bonneville Power Administration, NW Natural, Pacific Power, Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development, Worksystems, Inc., and its partners- Portland Workforce Alliance, Focus the Nation and Clean Energy Works Oregon.

FIND OUT ABOUT EXCITING CAREERS!
Learn about exciting jobs like Energy Weatherization Technicians, Electricians, Scientists, and Engineers! Check out on-the-job training opportunities and/or enroll in an apprenticeship. "Energize" yourself by pursuing an industry and/or educational certificate. Learn about the "energy" behind apprenticeships, and associates and bachelor's degrees.
[cid:image005.jpg at 01CEB479.E9B50440]Energy workers help supply diverse sources of energy including: hydropower, natural gas, and alternative energy (wind, solar, biomass, wave, tidal), coal and nuclear and also to help conserve energy.
This event is being held across the nation to promote the endless and exciting possibilities of energy occupations.

Learning opportunities include:

*      'Get into Energy' video contest for students with prizes

*      Apprenticeship Day

*      Career Exploration Day

*      High School Assemblies and Field Trips

(Some events may fall outside of the date listed above)

We are seeking participants from diverse populations including: Veterans, Women, Students, Teachers, and Parents to learn about exciting careers in energy and how to prepare for them.

Have questions about Careers in Energy Week? Please contact EnergyWeekInfo at worksystems.org<mailto:EnergyWeekInfo at worksystems.org>

It's time to get excited about Energy! See you there!

For more information, please visit

www.getintoenergy.com