[Eecs-news-links] Electrical Designer @ Glumac
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Sep 10 09:27:20 PDT 2013
If interested, forward resume and cover letter to:
Lauren.Farmen at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Lauren.Farmen at oregonstate.edu>
Lauren A. Farmen-Schnoor | Outreach & Industry Relations Coordinator |
School of Civil and Construction Engineering | Oregon State University |
Electrical Designer (Level 1)
Purpose of position:
Under the supervision of the Project Engineer, the Electrical Designer documents the electrical distribution systems related to MEP engineering projects or assignments.
* Capable of performing some or most of the basic design engineering tasks as requested. This entry-level position requires the successful candidate to quickly learn techniques for performing tasks, and then master those techniques to work efficiently. Sources for learning include mentoring, self-guided instruction, examples, and training opportunities.
* Prepares preliminary design layouts and calculations with supervision.
* Documentation and filing of project information for tasks assigned.
* Applies design/engineering industry standard practices to work.
* Applies industry relevant codes and guidelines related to assigned design/engineering projects.
* Client communications is occasional, as directed by Project Engineer/Manager.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
Relationship to others:
* Works with administrative and professional support staff members on the Glumac engineering project team.
* Works as a support person to the various members of the Glumac engineering project team.
* Works directly for various Project Engineers and Managers, according to assignment. May have practical supervision over the CAD operators assigned to the project.
* Reports to the Electrical Supervisor or Manager.
* Works with the Project Engineer/Manager to maintain consistent project information flow to individuals assigned to the project. This includes the interdisciplinary coordination between mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, telecommunications, etc.
* Client and other project consultant communications to be performed under direction of the discipline lead, Project Engineer or Project Manager.
Knowledge and experience:
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred. Typically, not a Professional Engineer (PE).
* LEED accreditation is preferred.
* Drafting experience preferred; or has Associates Degree in CAD or Engineering Sciences.
* Software skills: Revit MEP AutoCAD MS Office; Word and Excel.
* Engineering programs: SKM PowerTools or EasyPower preferred
* Exhibits professionalism, attention to detail, highly accurate work, good organizational skills, productivity and follow through, etc.
* Able to work with different personalities and varying levels of experience in the firm.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links