[Eecs-news-links] FW: New Cambia IT position
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Oct 18 15:52:21 PDT 2013
From: Schwartz, Michelle [mailto:Michelle.Schwartz at cambiahealth.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 12:13 PM
To: Ann Mestrovich (ann.mestrovich at pdx.edu); Jeanne Ellis (jmellis at pdx.edu); Gregory Flores (gflores at pdx.edu); fhg at pdx.edu; Becky Einolf (beckye at pdx.edu); 'Ronnie Casanova'; 'lfavero at uoregon.edu'; tbutler at uoregon.edu; Batten, Tina; Fuhrman, Brandi - COB; 'Mandy Devereux'; Reed, Lindsey; Spiegelberg, Scott; Klobes, Gwynn (klobes at up.edu); Kalchthaler, Robert (kalchtha at up.edu); colettev at uw.edu; Andy Rabitoy (arabitoy at uw.edu); 'Naomi K. Sanchez'; bfahnbulleh at vhausa.com; Knowles, Pam - COB; pamela.ryan at nike.com
Subject: New Cambia IT position
I recently posted a position that would be a great match for a recent undergraduate or graduate alum or current Business-Information Systems or Computer Science major seeking full time employment beginning in December.
Position scheduled to start in December 2013
This entry-level position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems.
As an IT Associate you may:
* Develop efficient and maintainable program code
* Develop efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems
* Provide consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems
* Develop simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives
* Prepares system test plans, test criteria and test data
* Develops innovative solutions to problems
* Determine program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work
* Prepare program, system, operational and User documentation
* Perform testing and documents the results
* Design and write formal test plans and test specifications to address unit, system and integration testing
* Execute detailed test procedures, manual or automatic, designed to validate application functional requirements
* Ensure that software requirements are verifiable and quantifiable
* Writes test plans and build test cases with direct involvement from business customers
* Creates and maintains automated test scripts
* Documents defects in a tracking system
* Uses automated testing tools
* Ensure that reliability considerations have been adequately addressed during the development life cycle
* Contributes to efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving light to medium-complex business problems
* Develops light to medium-complex programs and systems in support of software quality assurance processes and objectives
Key qualifications and experience for Software Developer role:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or a related field completed in the last six months (OR currently enrolled in degree program through December 2013)
* Academic experience, including development projects, with Java
* Works well with business customers and IT partners
* Take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems
* Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team
* Effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope
* Analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues
A competitive candidate will:
* Enjoy collaborating and likes working as a member of a team
* Have a passion for software development and has examples of projects completed based on individual curiosity
* Wants to continue to learn and develop technical and business skill set
Interested candidates should search and apply for job #744642 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/careers.
Michelle Schwartz, MPA
College Relations Lead
Cambia Military Community Resource Group Member
Cambia PRIDE Employee Resource Group Member
Cambia African American Employee Resource Group Member
Cambia Women's Employee Resource Group Member
michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com<mailto:michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com>
Ensure a sustainable future - only print when necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3729 bytes
More information about the Eecs-news-links