[Eecs-news-links] FW: Peak6 Recruiting with OSU

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Nov 14 10:52:38 PST 2013

If interested, please contact:

Maureen Hopkins
PE∆K6 Investments, LP [FaceBook] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Careers-at-PEAK6-Investments-LP/224824464207067> [http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/fasticon/web-2/24/Twitter-icon.png] <http://twitter.com/#!/PEAK6careers> [LinkedIn icon] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/peak6-investments-lp>
141 W. Jackson Blvd, Suite 500
Chicago, IL  60604
mhopkins at peak6.com

Software Engineer (APEX Clearing)

The Firm:

Apex Clearing is an independent, privately held clearing services firm that brings a focus on risk management and a scalable technology platform to differentiate in the marketplace. Apex Clearing provides clearing services covering approximately 230 U.S. based securities correspondents and one million customer accounts.

Apex Clearing Corporation is a newly formed company that is managed by PEAK6 Investments.  Apex is based in Dallas, Texas with offices in New York City and Portland. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, Apex could be the place for you!
The Opportunity:

We are seeking Software Engineers to join our technology team in Portland. You will have the opportunity to use your technical and personal skills to turn concepts, problems and ideas into business solutions. Developers at APEX are engaged in the full development lifecycle, from conception to delivery.  You will have direct access to support, resources, and staff in order to create the best possible systems.

APEX recognizes the challenges and adjustments necessary for a career in the clearing business.  Through our training program, you will have you will get to know the business of clearing, get insight into what it takes to build software, and learn from experienced engineers in the industry. We are looking for people who are curious about technology and eager to learn and apply as much as they can.

Desired Technical Knowledge and Educational Requirements:

·         Preferred fields of study: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field

·         Extensive development experience in C, C++ and/or Java, Javascript/HTML

·         Open source contributions are a plus

·         Strong analytic and problem solving skills are a must

·         A love for software development, with a relentless focus on the customer

·         Ability to complete tasks with little direct oversight

A WEALTH OF TECHNOLOGY OPPORTUNITIES

Apex Clearing Corporation is a leading, independent provider of clearing and execution services to other firms in the financial services industry. Systematically innovating in technology and risk management solutions, while collaborating with world class partners, Apex enables broker-dealers the ability to efficiently run and grow their businesses.

Software and technology are the lifeblood of everything we do at Apex. We are as much a technology company as we are a clearing firm.

And we are looking for passionate, collaborative, and entrepreneurial software engineers and developers to bring their best technology ideas to Apex.

WE INVEST IN GREAT IDEAS.

At Apex, we challenge the status quo and look for better ideas in every- thing we do. And we ask everyone who works at Apex to do the same. Here, your ideas will be heard and you will have real opportunities to impact your projects and our business.

• Variety of technologies – we offer the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and languages, including Java, C#, JavaScript and HTML5.
• Robust infrastructure – we are built to handle large amounts of data;
80% of the server base is virtualized; multiple data centers, hundreds of servers, processing millions of daily transactions.
• Data-driven business – our business is built around data, handling multiple terabytes of data for real time processing.
• Sophisticated development – our engineers build complex systems that process billions of dollars worth of transactions in real-time, producing innovative solutions to the delivery of big data.
• Project ownership – As a developer, you’ll be engaged in the full development lifecycle, from conception to delivery.
• Intensive training – Every developer participates in our advanced training program, where you’ll learn how to develop proprietary low- latency, high-speed trading systems.

GREAT IDEAS START WITH  GREAT PEOPLE

We want collaborators.  We want entrepreneurs.  We want true problem solvers who are wildly passionate about developing great software. Because that’s who thrives at Apex.

• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related field
• Desire to work with Java, JavaScript/HTML
• Exposure or experience with Open Source
• Excited about working with large-distributed, high- performance systems
• Self-directed and driven to complete tasks with little direct oversight
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Won’t settle for anything less than a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and agile technology environment

Apply at apexclearing.com and let us invest in your future as a Sofware Engineer at Apex.

Apex Clearing Corporation Sophisticated  Technology Platforms. A Disciplined Approach to Risk.

Apex is a leader in clearing and execution services, providing online processing solutions for the execution, clearing, custody, and settlement of securities transactions in the United States and internationally.

We provide clearing services for over 100 clients and
750,000  consumer accounts.

Apex Clearing Corporation is a newly formed company that is managed by PEAK6 Investments, L.P.— an established leader in financial services.

Our headquarters are in Dallas, Texas.

Learn more about Apex and the technology opportunities that await you at apexclearing.com