[Eecs-news-links] FW: Beckman Coulter is looking for Software and Computer Science Engineers

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 12 16:03:38 PST 2013

From: Delgado, Bethany G [mailto:bethany.delgado at beckman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:56 PM
To: burnett at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:burnett at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; digd at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:digd at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; erwig at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:erwig at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; alex at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:alex at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; jensenca at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:jensenca at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; benl at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:benl at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; magana at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:magana at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; thinhq at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:thinhq at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; pancake at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:pancake at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; cscaffid at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:cscaffid at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; walkiner at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:walkiner at eecs.oregonstate.edu>; bose at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:bose at eecs.oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Beckman Coulter is looking for Software and Computer Science Engineers

Hello

My name is Bethany Delgado and I am on the Global Talent Management Team for Beckman Coulter. I wanted to reach out to you because I see that you work with Computer Science and Software Engineers students and we have a Software Engineer position that we are looking to fill located in Grants Pass Oregon. I have included a brief job description below for you to review and refer any of your top students that are getting ready to Graduate in Dec 2013 or next Spring. If you are still in touch with your students that already graduated we would love if you can refer those people as well. If you do have people that are interested they can apply at our website beckmancoulter.com for Requisition Title: SOFTWARE ENGINEER I

Requisition ID: LIF000621. I would also like for them to send the resume directly to me as well at Bethany.delgado at beckman.com<mailto:Bethany.delgado at beckman.com>.

Thank You

Description-
The Software Engineer I will be able to participate in the specification, design, development, and testing of software for automated electromechanical systems. The engineer will participate in an agile team development environment and be comfortable operating under formal design controls. The engineer will have good verbal and written communications skills and be ready to work in a self-motivated structure. The engineer will be capable of both accepting and providing constructive feedback in the best interest of quality software delivery.

Requirements-
Education:
BS in Computer Science

Skills:
Direct skills with the following languages: C, C#, Scheme
Familiar with Windows software development
Familiar with database design concepts
Familiar with web design concepts

Company Info-
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools, research institutions and industry. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in people's lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care

Bethany Delgado
Sr Human Resource Representative - Talent Acquisition
Global Talent Management
Beckman Coulter, Inc.
714-961-4532 (Office)
714-686-0521 (Cell)
bethany.delgado at beckman.com<mailto:bethany.delgado at beckman.com>

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.