[Eecs-news-links] FW: Looking for some engineers interested in Software Validation
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 12 10:01:43 PST 2013
From: Mcintosh, Kevin J [mailto:kevin.j.mcintosh at intel.com]
Subject: RE: Looking for some engineers interested in Software Validation
Here is the job req: http://jobs.intel.com/job/Folsom-Graphics-Validation-Tools-Developer-Job-CA-95630/17768500/. If you have any more questions, please let me know. I can talk about the tool that they would be working on. Btw, even though the tool says Graphics Validation Engineer, a Graphics background is not necessarily required, but a *very* strong software engineering background is required.
Date: Oct 1, 2013
Location: Folsom, CA, US
Graphics Validation Tools Developer - 720644
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond being a company that makes the world's best chips to one that also delivers wonderful experiences for people.
With help from talented employees like you, we will tightly integrate hardware, software and services into compelling experiences in pursuit of our vision. This decade we will create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
In this role your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining software validation tools for highly-parallel graphics architectures
- Learning the graphics core architecture, including one or more of: 3D acceleration, General-purpose GPU, media encode/decode, display, blitter, and multithreaded graphics execution engines
- Interfacing with customers in design, architecture, pre-and post-silicon validation, and graphics driver development and validation
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Solid computer programming skills
- Proficient in C and/or C++
- Proficient in object-oriented software development, data structures, memory management, and recursion
- Familiarity with Linux
* as the tools are supported both under Windows
* and Linux
- Familiarity with computer architecture concepts, including virtual memory, caching, multiprocessing, and pipelining
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with graphics architectures and/or graphics APIs
- Proficiency in Ruby
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: USA-California, Folsom
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: College Graduate
Posting Date: Oct 1, 2013
: Sep 29, 2014
Business Group Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Posting Statement: Intel does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. More info at WWW.INTEL.COM/JOeeBS.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Job Segments: Graphic Design, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Creative, Technology, Engineering
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links