[Eecs-news-links] FW: Job Opening - Sustainability Information Design - MS Level

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Nov 10 17:01:42 PST 2013

From: Brandon Kuczenski [mailto:bkuczenski at bren.ucsb.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 11:38 AM
To: Thompson, Nicole
Subject: Job Opening - Sustainability Information Design - MS Level

Nicole,

Could you please share this job opening with Master's-level students and alumni of the EE&CS department?

Thanks,
-Brandon

Job Opening - Sustainability Information Design - MS Level

Santa Barbara, CA- Researchers at UCSB have recently completed a groundbreaking study assessing the environmental implications of managing a significant hazardous waste stream.  The only problem- the state's legislators, who called for the study, do not have the training to understand our comprehensive but highly technical report, and they are pressed for time.  We need you to help us build an interactive web application to communicate our results.

Information is crucial for sustainability decision-making, but the tools for communicating this information with regulators, industry stakeholders, and the public are critically underdeveloped.  Help us build a better tool.

We are: a small group of environmental researchers at a top-tier research university on California's beautiful central coast, offering excellent working conditions and a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.

You are: skilled in front-end web design and interested in the policy implications of sustainability research.  Required skills: HTML/CSS, javascript, jQuery, D3.js; ability to write clear, maintainable, open source code; familiarity with user interface design. Experience with ASP.NET and/or C# is desirable.

Apply here by November 29: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00266

--
Brandon Kuczenski, Ph.D.
Assistant Researcher

University of California at Santa Barbara Institute for Social, Behavioral, and Environmental Research Bren School of Environmental Science & Management Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5131

phone: (805) 893-5058
fax:   (805) 893-7612
email: bkuczenski at bren.ucsb.edu