[Eecs-news-links] Ixia is hiring a FPGA Design Engineer

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed May 29 19:08:26 PDT 2013

FPGA Design Engineer

Ixia is expanding our engineering team.  The successful candidate will work as a part of a focused team creating industry-leading test equipment for the wireless and wired internet industry.

Position Description:
As a FPGA Design Engineer, you will play a key role in defining and developing products for testing leading-edge wireless and wired internet communication equipment.  Our products require various features and protocols to be implemented such that control and computation can be conducted at full line rates while instrumentation-quality measurements are being made.  As an integral part of a product development team, you will work closely with embedded system software engineers, hardware engineers, and manufacturing engineers at all stages of product development and product launch.

Requirements
BSEE or MSEE preferred with 1+ years of relevant experience or equivalent.

The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
*         Experience with RTL coding for ASICs, FPGAs and bus functional models
*         Proficiency in design flow including items such as lint checkers, RTL/gate level simulation, synthesis, place and route
*         Experience with verification of complex RTL blocks
*         Working knowledge of Verilog, C, Make and other scripting languages
*         Working knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
*         Demonstrated ability to work productively in a disciplined engineering process, and ability to deliver work products that are free of defects
*         Strong background in hands-on debug and validation experience in a lab environment
*         Ability to document systems, including identification of interfaces and module requirements
*         Demonstrated ability to learn and explore new technology areas and applications
*         Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
*         Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*         Ability to work well in a team environment
*         Ability to multitask

Bonus
*         Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, 802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.16, 802.20, 802.22
*         Experience in design of Test and Measurement equipment
*         Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and DSP design

About Ixia
Ixia solutions, including the recently acquired BreakingPoint and Anue Systems products and services, accelerate, secure, and scale application delivery to guarantee the always-on user experience. Whether through real-time monitoring or real-world testing, Ixia solutions provide organizations with complete insight into user behavior, security vulnerabilities, network capacity, application performance, and IT resiliency. To make these advanced technologies, our company fosters creativity, encourages innovation, and rewards self-motivation and hard work. Our employees use their passion for excellence to help solve our customers' toughest challenges. Join the Ixia team and be a part of our future.

How to Apply:
To check out all our Career Opportunities and to apply,
please visit IXIA's Career Page: IXIA Careers
<http://www.ixiacom.com/careers/apply_now.php>
Unsolicited third party resumes will not be considered.

Ixia is an EEO Employer M/F/D/V
www.ixiacom.com<http://www.ixiacom.com/>