[Eecs-news-links] FW: Cambia summer internship
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue May 28 13:14:04 PDT 2013
From: Schwartz, Michelle [mailto:Michelle.Schwartz at cambiahealth.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:58 PM
To: pamela.ryan at portlandleadership.org; Knowles, Pam - COB; Fuhrman, Brandi - COB; Batten, Tina; Ronnie Casanova; tpitt at plu.edu; tbutler at uoregon.edu; Desiree Vorhees (dvorhees at willamette.edu); gcoleman at pcc.edu; Beth Ursin; knewbury at marylhurst.edu; Naomi K. Sanchez; Andy Rabitoy (arabitoy at uw.edu); colettev at uw.edu; fhg at pdx.edu; warren at cs.pdx.edu; Becky Einolf (beckye at pdx.edu); grose at vancouver.wsu.edu
Subject: Cambia summer internship
I am pleased to report an additional internship opportunity with Cambia. I would love your assistance in promoting this internship to your students.
Infrastructure Support Services Internship
This twelve-week temporary position will begin in June
The intern will be given an opportunity become a contributing member of the Infrastructure Support Service Team. This team serves as general contractor for the ongoing provision, maintenance and support of technology services, and in support of multiple projects across varied platforms within Cambia.
Possible projects include:
* Assist in the installation or decommissioning of CISCO Hardware Infrastructure
* Provide customer service to resolve incidents involving systems to include: MS Exchange /Outlook, Cisco VIOP, MS Lync, network and server incidents
* Decommissioning of Outdated Servers (Microsoft, UNIX, Linux)
* Server OS upgrades and Security patching activities
* Assist with documentation
* In addition to the above duties, the IT Infrastructure Service Intern will function as part of the Technology Labs team and work in areas necessary to gain an understanding of the organization; this may include working in a capacity which is outside the specific scope of the project
Key qualifications and experience:
* Minimum of 2 years university education, working towards a degree in computer science, business information systems or a related degree program
* Candidates must possess on the job experience working with network cabling (both fiber and copper); working with IT teams; working with customers to resolve incidents around MS Exchange / Outlook, Cisco VOIP, and/or MS Lync or equivalent systems.
* Possess system administration experience dealing with Microsoft, Unix or Linux server environments
* Knowledge of ICND Inter-connecting Network Devices
* Excellent organization skills, writing, proven ability to multi-task and work independently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
* Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program through spring 2013
* Candidate must possess a minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
A strong candidate will possess:
* Strong technical background
* Good troubleshooting skills
* Works well in a team environment
* Prior knowledge or experience with Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
* Effective time management
* Experience using the Remedy ticketing system
* Proficiency using a variety of software tools
* Ability to create appealing presentations
Interested candidates should search and apply for job #656572 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/careers.
Please let me know if any questions arise.
Michelle Schwartz, MPA
College Relations Lead
Cambia Military Community Resource Group Member
Cambia PRIDE Employee Resource Group Member
michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com<mailto:michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com>
Ensure a sustainable future - only print when necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3729 bytes
More information about the Eecs-news-links