[Eecs-news-links] Custom Analog IC and CMOS Image Sensor Characterization Engineer @ Voxtel

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun May 5 17:10:46 PDT 2013

Voxtel is seeking an engineer to characterize ROICs and imagers and assist in transfer of the technologies to production.  Responsibilities will include bench test and characterization of analog/mixed signal integrated circuits, imagers, and focal plane readout integrated circuits (ROICs). Working with IC designers and electro-optical system integrators, this position will develop and executed test plans, and perform the test and characterization of new integrated circuit and image sensor designs.
Candidate's background should include extensive experience in the testing of ultra low noise mixed signal IC designs (up to 5 GHz bandwidth), a high level of proficiency with laboratory test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, s-parameter analyzers, etc), a demonstrated ability to assemble custom characterization and test equipment, the ability to develop instrument control and data analysis software, and the ability to perform signal processing and data analysis.  Other responsibilities include developing printed circuit boards and package substrates, FPGA firmware, and test automation Labview and MATLAB software.
The candidate must be a team player, have project planning/organizational skills, be self-starting, and demonstrate analytical thinking. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to exchange and communicate information clearly with both technical and management teams and with customers.
Position Requirements

  *   BSEE required, MSEE preferred;
  *   At least 2 years experience in analog and mixed signal IC test;
  *   Knowledge of programming and instrument control using one or more of Labview, Matlab, C++, Visual Basic;
  *   Expertise in the use of mathematical, signal processing, and statistical analysis tools;
     *   Experience with imaging devices and optics is highly desired;
     *   Knowledge of Semiconductor Device Physics is highly desired;
     *   Proficiency with CAD tools for circuit simulation, layout, and physical verification is a plus;
     *   US Citizen or permanent residency is a firm requirement

Careers at Voxtel

At Voxtel, we love to hire dedicated experts, innovators and leaders to join us on the front edge of what's happening in photonics and optoelectronics.

Our employees enjoy job stability and generous benefit packages including competitive health insurance, vacation and paid time off, flexible work time and a 401K program with matching employee contributions.

We are located in Beaverton, OR, a suburb of 90,000 residents located just west of Portland. Our ideal location provides easy access to endless downtown restaurants, museums and entertainment, and (within 90 minutes) scenic Oregon beaches, top notch winter sports on Mt. Hood, trails, waterfalls and campsites at the Columbia River Gorge, hundreds of wineries in the Willamette Valley, and more.

For more information on our community and region, visit these helpful sites:

  *   Travel Oregon<http://www.traveloregon.com>
  *   Travel Portland<http://www.travelportland.com>
  *   City of Beaverton<http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/index.aspx?nid=89>

To Apply:

To apply for a position at Voxtel, click here to email Voxtel Human Resources<mailto:jobs at voxtel-inc.com>. Send a cover letter and resume/CV; please specify the job for which you are applying in the subject heading. Alternately, application materials may be mailed to:

Voxtel, Inc.

Attn: Human Resources
15985 NW Schendel Ave. #200
Beaverton, OR 97006