[Eecs-news-links] FW: Epic Job Opportunity to Pass Along

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Mar 31 14:22:53 PDT 2013

From: Shannon Clemmons [mailto:Shannon at epic.com]

My name's Shannon, and I'm a recruiter at Epic, a national leader in electronic health records. We're looking for bright and motivated problem solvers to join our Business Intelligence Development and Technical Services teams.  We were hoping you could pass this along to your Electrical and Computer Engineering students, particularly graduating and rising seniors who may be looking for full time opportunities.

If you haven't heard of us before, Epic creates and implements integrated applications for many of the largest healthcare organizations in the US, including Kaiser Permanente, Stanford and Yale. Currently, roughly 49% of Americans are being taken care of by physicians who use Epic software.

Business Intelligence Developers apply their interest in analytics to one of the biggest challenges of our time: healthcare. As a Business Intelligence Developer at Epic, your students will help our customers make sense of the wealth of information they capture within an electronic medical record system by developing innovative reporting functionalities to monitor and improve organizational efficiency, researching various aspects of patient care, and contributing to the improvement of healthcare as a whole.

As a Technical Services Analyst at Epic, your students will work with some of the most respected medical institutions in the country, advising them on best practices for their organization and cracking their toughest problems. After receiving comprehensive training to become an expert in our software, they'll be a trusted source of technical knowledge for your customers, ensuring their organizations' continued success.  Technical Services is a dynamic role where no two days are the same; it requires quick thinking, collaboration, and drive.

If any of your students are interested in this opportunity, they can apply at http://bit.ly/S13BusIntDev for Business Intelligence Development or http://bit.ly/S13TS for Technical Services or send their resume to me (Shannon at epic.com<mailto:Shannon at epic.com>).   Other career opportunities are listed on our careers website as well: www.careers.epic.com<http://www.careers.epic.com>.

Best,

Shannon Clemmons
Epic | Human Resources
608-271-9000