[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer @ HP (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 28 17:23:48 PDT 2013

For more info, see:
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4875047&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_premjb-ttl-cn&ut=1xHFwfNu2s0RI1

Software Engineer

Hewlett-Packard <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, OR (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description

Description

Software Engineer with marketing acumen and project management skills to join the Retail Publishing Solutions (RPS) group. Role includes working with internal and external teams on the prioritization and implementation of software releases or other process improvement areas.

Responsibilities

  *   Identify opportunities, analyze and design processes required to meet business and customer needs, submit requirements and/or execute tool development projects to implement the processes.
  *   Develop processes, metrics, analytics databases and reports to analyze key data as required.
  *   Develops understanding of and manages relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
  *   Technical software understanding to engage with software engineering to understand tradeoffs and priorities.
  *   Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
  *   Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including databases, and Internet-related tools

QUALIFICATIONS:

HP will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits in this position.

The successful candidate MUST have received degree within past 12 months, or prior to start date

Education and Experience

  *   Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
  *   Minimum 0-2 years' experience

Knowledge and Skills

  *   Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
  *   Experience with data analytics, database queries, database programming
  *   Good analytical and problem solving skills.
  *   Project management
  *   Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
  *   Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
  *   Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.

Company Description
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.

No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Additional Information
Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Information Technology, Engineering
Industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Employer Job ID: 1044802
Job ID: 4875047

  *   Apply on Company Website <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=4875047&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhp%2Etaleo%2Enet%2Fcareersection%2F2%2Fjobdetail%2Eftl%3Fjob%3D1044802%26src%3DPilotLI&urlhash=P72a>