[Eecs-news-links] FY13 Graduate Engineer @ HP (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 28 17:18:05 PDT 2013

For more info visit:
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=5199037&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_premjb-ttl-cn&ut=13tnHYsKys0RI1
FY13 Graduate Engineer

Hewlett-Packard <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, OR (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description
Description

Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.

Responsibilities

*         Designs portions of engineering solutions utilizing multiple engineering disciplines for products, systems, software, and solutions based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.

*         Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs, including validation of mechanical, electrical, software, and other engineering specifications and requirements.

*         Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners on engineering design and development.

*         Participates as a member of project team of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately complex products

HP will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits in this position.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience

  *   Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software Engineering, or other Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
  *   Minimum 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills

  *   Using appropriate engineering design tools and software packages to design components and solutions.
  *   Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
  *   Understanding of material hardware, software, and electrical component design
  *   Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
  *   Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options

Company Description
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.

No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Additional Information
Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Engineering
Industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Employer Job ID: 1129285
Job ID: 5199037

  *   Apply on Company Website <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=5199037&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhp%2Etaleo%2Enet%2Fcareersection%2F2%2Fjobdetail%2Eftl%3Fjob%3D1129285%26src%3DPilotLI&urlhash=ykjG>