[Eecs-news-links] FW: Opportunity for supported Ph.D. studies at The University of Texas, Arlington

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Mon Mar 25 10:16:10 PDT 2013

From: Gergely Zaruba [mailto:zaruba at uta.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:38 PM
To: terri at eecs.oregonstate.edu<mailto:terri at eecs.oregonstate.edu>
Subject: Opportunity for supported Ph.D. studies at The University of Texas, Arlington

Dear Dr. Terri Fiez,

We would like to ask for your help in making students aware of an opportunity for a fully supported Ph.D. study in Health Informatics in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at The University of Texas at Arlington. For this opportunity we have Department of Education backed funding (through a Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need grant) to support U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident students for their Ph.D. studies. This opportunity is open to both M.S. and B.S. graduates, the latter through our expedited B.S. to Ph.D. program. The theme of our GAANN program is health informatics, an area in which our Department has many excellent researchers, focusing on such high tech research as bioinformatics, medical imaging, medical robotics, smart environments, smart health devices, etc.

We would like to ask you to make students in your Department aware of this opportunity. Please forward this email to your academic student advisers so they can mention this opportunity to your students during advising if you find it applicable, and please arrange for send our flier out in an email to your undergraduate and graduate students. It would also be great if you could arrange printing of the flyer and post it at a few student-frequented places around your Department. If you think it would be helpful, please put me in touch of your academic advisers. We are lenient with our Ph.D. application deadlines and would love to talk to your qualifying students.

We appreciate your help. Please feel free to contact me with any question or any suggestions; I would love to hear from you or your academic advisors.

Best wishes,

Dr. Gergely Záruba
Professor
GAANN Site Manager for GAANN at CSE