[Eecs-news-links] Computer Science Software Engineering Intern @ HP (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 14 17:42:45 PDT 2013

For more info see
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=5087133&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_premjb-ttl-cn&ut=23AxgBs3bTJ5E1
Computer Science Software Engineering Intern

Hewlett-Packard <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, OR (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local lab environement.
Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes
documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience Required:
Enrolled in University

Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies new applications used in local, networked systems for a laboratory environment.
Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes
documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.

Responsibilities

  *   Codes and programs enhancements for a laboratory environment, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local and networked platforms based on specific requirements and instructions.
  *   Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
  *   Develops understanding of and relationship with internal partners on software applications design and development.

Knowledge and Skills

  *   Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages.
  *   Experience in the creation of macros in Excel and other software languages to create automation for data manipulation and simplification of manual tasks
  *   Good analytical and problem solving skills.
  *   Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
  *   Good written and verbal communication skills.

Company Description
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.

No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Additional Information
Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Information Technology, Engineering
Industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Employer Job ID: 1113635
Job ID: 5087133

  *   Apply on Company Website <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=5087133&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhp%2Etaleo%2Enet%2Fcareersection%2F2%2Fjobdetail%2Eftl%3Fjob%3D1113635%26src%3DPilotLI&urlhash=Lxz7>